• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Gold Fleet?

SessionExpired

Sailor Apprentice
Hello,

I read somewere in this forum section i believe that ont he map the boats which carry gold (Known as a Gold fleet?) appear somewhat goldeny on the map sailing?
I either havent coem across one yet or just don't recognise them. Is there a screenshot of what they may look like while on the large map sailing mode? I prefer not to take cannons off ships and sell those as it's too "easy" i would rather take on a fleet of boats which carry gold, silver and other valuable things.

I currently have the latest mod from this forum (Which is abit buggy but hopefully everything will be fixed within the next mod/patch/edition. (Any news when they may be?)

Any help would be appreciated. Before i just used to engage most ships i found on the map and i'd find a few but if theres a way of seeing if theres a gold fleet or not it would make things much easier instead of engaging several ships and then having to go back to a city to fix my ship. (Currently sailing the Black Pearl)

Hi, i do not have a picture, but i can tell you that their flag is yellow. There are lot of ships that have colored flags (when you have to return a logbook to a captain, their ships will have green flags; when you have to recapture a ship to return it to a port control it will have red flags).

Generally I have found the golden fleet South-West of Cayman Islands. From there I sailed south (like going to Portobello). Before you engage a golden fleet I must warn you to be prepared to engage at least 3 frigates 1-2 Man-o-war, 1-2 Battleships and some other Heavy Galleon/Galleon (this is what I had to engage in Normal mode).

Greetings.

Hi, i do not have a picture, but i can tell you that their flag is yellow. There are lot of ships that have colored flags (when you have to return a logbook to a captain, their ships will have green flags; when you have to recapture a ship to return it to a port control it will have red flags).

Generally I have found the golden fleet South-West of Cayman Islands. From there I sailed south (like going to Portobello). Before you engage a golden fleet I must warn you to be prepared to engage at least 3 frigates 1-2 Man-o-war, 1-2 Battleships and some other Heavy Galleon/Galleon (this is what I had to engage in Normal mode).

Greetings.

Thank you for your reply.
I know of the threat i face as i used to make my money off them when i first played COAS. But i'll make sure to save before i engage them as the first time i engaged them before i fell in a short amount of time. Those Man-o-wars are brutal :)

A question: You can capture and hold for you maximum 4 ships.
But the golden fleet is of 8-9 ships... :eek:k
All carrying gold?
You must give up some charges of gold?

@Prelacter
Did you get the rumor in the first place in the taverns about the golden fleet? Otherwise I dont think it'd spawn at all!!!
Anyway look for a big ship on the map with golden sails-usually it is en-route from Portobello to Havanna. :onya
@giocoso
I think the limit of ships in yer fleet is 5(correct me if I'm wrong) but if you careful and plan ahead you dont have to leave any gold behind.
I attacked the fleet once(vanilla)and it was a bloody battle, I had a frigate(probably Cinco Lagas)and a warship(??not sure)-they had 4 or 5 warships 2 galleons and 2 heavy galleons.
As far as I remember the warships held no or very little gold and/or silver and was able to sink and capture the dreaded fleet :cheers :dance

You can only have 5 ships without mods (I don't know either if with mods you can have more because i haven't used them). About the number of enemy ships: I think it's related to the game difficulty the number of enemy ships, because I'm playing in normal (don't remember the name of that difficulty XD) and there where at least 8 ships (1-2 Man-o-War, 2 Heavy galleons at the end of the line, 2 Frigates and at least 2 Battle/Warship), but on easy (the most easy) difficulty there where less ships (I don't want to know how many ships will be in the hardest difficulty).

@Prelacter
Did you get the rumor in the first place in the taverns about the golden fleet? Otherwise I dont think it'd spawn at all!!!

I tried this out, i used the cheat bug window and turned on beta test mode, and after spending the first night in the tavern i got the message gold fleet has left Havana 1st July. The gold fleet will go from Havana to Portabello, i don't know how many times a year i think its only the once because in the files July is refered to as the gold month. I'm in the my second year now and without asking questions at the tavern or using the beta test mode on i will simply head to Havana and sit waiting for the gold fleet to show. If it does then that means you don't need to be told about it, if it doesn't well i will have to reload the game and get the info from the guy's in the tavern.

This is all i've been playing for is to test this out, when you first start playing you don't have a good ship or nothing so its pointless, all year i have been playing as pirates attacking anything that comes near to build my skills up ready for the gold fleet, i haven't taken big ships mostly because there haven't been any generated and also whats a slow ship going to do when trying to catch the merchants i'm attacking, i'll wait till its around mid to late June before trying to capture Warships and Battleships.

I'll post what i have found once the test is finished. :onya

Ahoy mateys!!

just wanna tell u all that i think gold fleet doesnt have to appear with gold sail on world map..

i encountered a fleet that carries gold and silvers..tonnes of them..the fleet looks big on the world map,and it may have any of the nations sail..when engaging to sai mode,it will say merchant ship,accompanied with "nation" battleship...there are about 6 ships in those fleets and each of them,including the battleships carry tonnes of gold and silver!!!!! :dance

well,i encountered it once,with just one class 4 ship,i sunk all ship in the fleet (two class 1 ship,three class 2 and one class 3 ship ; 3 of the ships filled with french soldier)
i can only loot about 1/10 of the whole gold and silver since i only have one shabby class 4 ship,
then i sell it and got 400,000 piasters xD: xD:

p/s : imagine if i got all of it.. :b: :b: :b:

(the point here is,ships that carry gold and silver doesnt neccessarily appear with gold sail on world map)

EDIT : and it doesnt have to be enroute from havana to portobelo..i found one near maracaibo (is the spelling right? )..

Cheers!

Ahoy mateys!!

just wanna tell u all that i think gold fleet doesnt have to appear with gold sail on world map..

i encountered a fleet that carries gold and silvers..tonnes of them..the fleet looks big on the world map,and it may have any of the nations sail..when engaging to sai mode,it will say merchant ship,accompanied with "nation" battleship...there are about 6 ships in those fleets and each of them,including the battleships carry tonnes of gold and silver!!!!! :dance

well,i encountered it once,with just one class 4 ship,i sunk all ship in the fleet (two class 1 ship,three class 2 and one class 3 ship ; 3 of the ships filled with french soldier)
i can only loot about 1/10 of the whole gold and silver since i only have one shabby class 4 ship,
then i sell it and got 400,000 piasters xD: xD:

p/s : imagine if i got all of it.. :b: :b: :b:

(the point here is,ships that carry gold and silver doesnt neccessarily appear with gold sail on world map)

EDIT : and it doesnt have to be enroute from havana to portobelo..i found one near maracaibo (is the spelling right? )..

Cheers!

I think when you "engage" gold fleet, when you go from map to sail mode it says "gold fleet" ... tho, I never attacked gold fleet, only seen it on the map.

But, merchants carrying gold is not that uncommon in vanilla, it's a bit more rare in cmv3.2 since there are a lot more goods added :)

Yeah, there's the golden fleet, but there are also random large merchant convoys that appear for a high level character who carry valuable goods, ie. silver, gold, or slaves.

I've read your posts, guys, but can you write me in points what exactly I have to do, so I can capture gold fleet. I can start new game if necessary.

I've already tried many times to ask a barkeeper (pay him 1000 piasters) and drink with people and ask them at the 1st day of the month (I've read that this should be done like that) and NO results. No matter if I start a new game.:unsure

Golden fleet is not very common as you can guess... the bigest convoy loaded with gold is not seeing every day... perhaps one time in 1 or 2 (in game) years... i have played 2 in game years, and only once i see the golden fleet....

@ fjx

It´s not barkeepers. You have to ask shoptraders 3 times for some news regularly. after some weeks or month ingame they start talking about the golden fleet. if that happens you have to check the route from Portobello up to Havana right away and their you can meet the golden fleet with yellow sails if you are fast enough. Be prepared, they are very strong and only 2 or 3 of their ships carry gold.

Good luck :onya

Back