• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Gentlemen of Luck Pirate ship

:ahoyOK now I feel stupid. I should have seen that right off. Oh well....

The good new is that I rewrote everything to match both Luke and Pieter's guidance......and......it seems to be working beautifully!!! :drunkxD

I won't know for certain until I get this testgame above level 24. That's when I encounter the bigger ships. I intentionally did not make the range larger. I have rewritten ships_init once again and have lumped unwanted ships together in clumps that I can ignore when using this kind of logic.

This is a major breakthrough for me and I have been trying to fix this forever. Thank you for the excellent collaboration gentlemen!!!! :thumbs1:bow:onya

When I verify that its working at the higher levels I will change the topic covering the same problem in Storm Coding as solved and link it to this discussion.
So not to count chickens before they hatch, but it looks as though both Luke and Pieter have won a bottle of rum. :drunk

However there is a sticky wicket....I can't send direct overseas to the UK or Netherlands to an individual. If you want the reward you need to PM me with the name and address of a licensed alcohol distributor at your location that I can have the local store here ship to. Legally it has to be shipped dealer to dealer. What a bother....:modding

MK

what no QAR? queen anne revenge?? i didnt see it listed, but love to sail it along with the pearl and dutchman in gof 1.2

Well Ben,

My mod is called GOF: HISTORICAL ERAs, so no fantasy ships or characters except the Flying Dutchman (which in my mod is totally different than the POTC FD) will be seen. I do have my own version of Queen Anne's Revenge, she is the Bristol Merchantman(Guineaman). She is one of the POTEHO ships that I ported in and reskinned. That's what the real QAR would have looked like in real life.

The Black Pearl variants still have the name blackpearl in the ships files but in the interface you will see them called Armed English Merchantman. They also have more realistic authentic textures....so no black hulls, black sails or torn sails.

Also because the cuttoff for this mod is the end of the Age of Piracy (1725) you will mostly see ships from before that time. The only exceptions to this are ships that still look mostly correct for the earlier era like the Centurion and Armada's Rossiya...also some of the later small schooner-like models that changed so little over time from their predecessors (the Hannah for instance) are still in the game.

So you will not find the Victory, Constitution, Surprise or any of those late 18th century era ships in this mod. In addition, there's no POTC characters, and no Aubrey, and no Hornblower. All the characters are historical personalities from the earlier time.

If I complete GOF Eras Module: 3 (which is about half done) you wont see any of the earlier characters, weapons or ships and will only see the later era ships. I suspect this mod will be more popular, but my heart is not totally in it, so if people want it after I release Module: 2 they will have to pitch in and help me.

For the record, the POTC QAR will never be seen in any of my mods. I HATES IT!:whipa

MK

:ahoyOK now I feel stupid. I should have seen that right off. Oh well....

The good new is that I rewrote everything to match both Luke and Pieter's guidance......and......it seems to be working beautifully!!! :drunkxD

I won't know for certain until I get this testgame above level 24. That's when I encounter the bigger ships. I intentionally did not make the range larger. I have rewritten ships_init once again and have lumped unwanted ships together in clumps that I can ignore when using this kind of logic.

This is a major breakthrough for me and I have been trying to fix this forever. Thank you for the excellent collaboration gentlemen!!!! :thumbs1:bow:onya

When I verify that its working at the higher levels I will change the topic covering the same problem in Storm Coding as solved and link it to this discussion.
So not to count chickens before they hatch, but it looks as though both Luke and Pieter have won a bottle of rum. :drunk

However there is a sticky wicket....I can't send direct overseas to the UK or Netherlands to an individual. If you want the reward you need to PM me with the name and address of a licensed alcohol distributor at your location that I can have the local store here ship to. Legally it has to be shipped dealer to dealer. What a bother....:modding

MK

Did I read this correctly, a pirate saying legally.o_O Good job I don't drink alcohol then.:p

Your welcome MK, at least its one thing now marked off your list (as long as testing goes as planned). At the moment for me, GOF 2 has been put on hold while I play a little of rome 2 total war. Next week I will be back to w orking on GOF 2 again, although the only changes for the stable version as of yet is an addon that allows all the ships to be included (this will be released once GOF 2 stabile version is fully released).

A for the era mod, if I have the time I will happily help you out bud, you know you only need to ask.:onya

YES! And another thing sorted for you! Glad to hear this is working now too. :doff

I wonder how possible it would be to add a Periods mod into CoAS. It works in PotC to create six distinct historical periods, without being separate modpacks.
Unfortunately the CoAS ship coding at least is far too primitive to make this easy; we'd have to port the PotC ships code system.
When selecting an appropriate ship model, it doesn't look at the numbers, but purely at the ship class values and period/nation encounter chance values.
So then you don't need to reorder stuff in ships_init.c anymore either, because the order doesn't matter.

You do know I tried to help out for the sake of helping out, not for any sort of reward. Whenever I've got a bottle of rum, it usually takes me two years to finish it.
So you can save yourself the trouble on my account as well.

If I complete GOF Eras Module: 3 (which is about half done) you wont see any of the earlier characters, weapons or ships and will only see the later era ships. I suspect this mod will be more popular, but my heart is not totally in it, so if people want it after I release Module: 2 they will have to pitch in and help me.
I won't have time to do any work on this myself, but if there are any specific issues you run into, just post on the forum and I'll see if I can figure anything out for you. :doff

For the record, the POTC QAR will never be seen in any of my mods. I HATES IT!:whipa
That ship IS quite ludicrous! :rofl

Back