• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

forts

ttttt

Landlubber
I have a few question about forts and i will be very happy if someone can answer them.
1.Is there any difference between the strenght of the different forts. Because i see that there are different types of forts.
2.How much damage have i to do to the fort before i can land troops and can i check somewhere the ammount of damage i have already done.
3.Does shooting at the city itself affect something ? When you fire at cities you also destroy cannons(or at least that's written on the creen) and black smoke flies above the citiy, but i don't see any effect of this.
4.Is land attack possible and how ?
Thank you.

4.Is land attack possible and how ?
Thank you.

Go through the jungle to the city gate - when you get to the part of the jungle with the city gate take to yourself - in dialog box there should be choice to attack city - this will cause crew members & defending soldiers to spawn and fight - after battle enter city and capture it the same as entering from port.

I don't know what happens if you go to the fort by land ( would probably have to go there after you had started the Land attack at city gate ) - you should try it and see what happens - Let us know.

:cheers

I think if you attack by land and go to the fort attack is canceled. But I did that only once, and it was a while ago.

As for the rest:

1. I've only noticed difference in amount of cannons, and some forts fire from two sides (for example Port Royal), but that's it.

2. As far as fort defenses goes, I think number is around 40% of the cannons destroyed, but that value may vary a bit.

Thank you.
I have rather strange problem. When i land on the shore of mosquitos a guy comes to me and start a dialogue but the dialougue box is empty and i can't do anything. I can't quit or continue, nothing....

Thank you.
I have rather strange problem. When i land on the shore of mosquitos a guy comes to me and start a dialogue but the dialougue box is empty and i can't do anything. I can't quit or continue, nothing....

This looks like the start of the Tenochtitlan Quest - see this post on how to fix this bug and continue the quest ---> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/16366-tenochtitlan-full-walkthrough/page__view__findpost__p__374560

:drunk

Hey guys, you happen to know how to actually take over a town? I can only plunder/loot them for some reason. I remember being able to take over and manage them long ago.

You have to completely finish one of the nation quest-lines (even pirates) to have the option of taking a city for yourself or granting it to your parent nation.

You have to completely finish one of the nation quest-lines (even pirates) to have the option of taking a city for yourself or granting it to your parent nation.

Adding to this, its always been this way for COAS, its never been altered in any kind of way.

Back