• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Finding HMS Victory

makaveli1971

Sailor Apprentice
Hey mates,
I'm in third year in game time and I never seen Victory ship!
I just want to know which rank i need for this ship to be generated?
I'm playing on "Sea master" difficulty,if that mean something! :keith

Wow 3 years ingame, i have only ever managed 14 months and that was before i started modding now i'm lucky if i manage 1 month.

Its hard to see why you haven't seen the Victory yet, if your attacming military fleets you should have seen her or at least seen her for sale at the shipyards. If you go into Program and see a folder called Scripts and another called Scripts then copy the file (will only be one) from the folder Scripts and put it into the folder scripts (there will be a lot of files there) say yes to overwrite and load your game.

If there is not 2 folders called scripts then either you have the old shiputilities file or your not ranked high enough. But i would have thourght after 3 game years your rank would be high enough. In fact here is the shipsutility file for you.

Hopefully this fixes your problem. :onya

Wow 3 years ingame, i have only ever managed 14 months and that was before i started modding now i'm lucky if i manage 1 month.

Its hard to see why you haven't seen the Victory yet, if your attacming military fleets you should have seen her or at least seen her for sale at the shipyards. If you go into Program and see a folder called Scripts and another called Scripts then copy the file (will only be one) from the folder Scripts and put it into the folder scripts (there will be a lot of files there) say yes to overwrite and load your game.

If there is not 2 folders called scripts then either you have the old shiputilities file or your not ranked high enough. But i would have thourght after 3 game years your rank would be high enough. In fact here is the shipsutility file for you.

Hopefully this fixes your problem. :onya

Thanks mate,I will try this! :cheers

OK it works and that's great.Now shipyards are full of ships and I found Victory!
The only problem is she duplicate guns! After purchase the ship,when I'm still in shipyard she don't duplicate,but when go to sea once she start duplicate!
Is there a fix for this or I'm wrong? :?

Excellent, so it was your shipsutilities file that was playing up, at least thats fixed now.

The cannon duplication bug is fixed in CMV3.2 (to be released soon) but if you wish to fix her in your current game then go into Program\Ships and overwrite the original ships_init file with the one bellow. You will need to use the reinit button to update her and then either buy or capture a new Victory. You can sell your Victory to the shipyard and then use the reinit button to update her and buy her back (i think) not sure if that will work but its worth trying.

Excellent, so it was your shipsutilities file that was playing up, at least thats fixed now.

The cannon duplication bug is fixed in CMV3.2 (to be released soon) but if you wish to fix her in your current game then go into Program\Ships and overwrite the original ships_init file with the one bellow. You will need to use the reinit button to update her and then either buy or capture a new Victory. You can sell your Victory to the shipyard and then use the reinit button to update her and buy her back (i think) not sure if that will work but its worth trying.

Wow,this file fix the problem! :dance
Thank you very much bud,I appreciate your help! :onya

Back