• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

few questions

mrpirate101

Landlubber
not been active lately so hi, nice to be back...with a few questions to ask you guys :)

1. how do you encounter your competitor captains on world map, also when you look on f10, it tells you where they are but when you go to that place you cant find them. when there at sea i cant find them on world map, any ideas?

2. where and what lvl do you start to encounter man'o'wars, i have looked everywhere, but no luck?

3. how do play as a english officer, with coat and hat and long hair lol, do change something in the character files, or is it not possible?

4. is there a way to create a small quest to start the game with, i want to steal my ship not generate it lol?

Hi Pirateman, welcome back. :onya

1. I have no idea how the Ai captains work.

2. I believe its about lvl 120, bellow is what the ShipsUtilites code means.

Code:
iTest_ship = rand(120);
This means at what rank the ships in this area will be generated, you can add each ship once per each rand so you may see some ships been listed in more than one rand inwhich case means they can be generated more often when you reach the rand at which they are first listed. You can edit the file and make the MOW be generated at almost any rand you want by adding this line of code.

Code:
if (iTest_ship == X)   FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_MANOWAR), "shipX");
Pay close attention to where you see "X" they need editing, the first "X" is the simple just put what ever number comes next ie rand 4 has say 4 ships so each ship will be listed as 1, 2, 3, 4 so the MOW will be 5. The second "X" is just as simple, each rand will have its own reference value, so for example rand 4 could be ship4 while rand 5 could be ship6, just change the "X" to what ever the value is for the other ships in that rand. Save file and load your game, editing ships in this file do not require new games. Editing ships in this file however do effect at which stag/rank they are generated both at sea and in the shipyard also adding the same ship once to several rands will effect how often you will see that ship, so you could end up going into a battle filled with MOW's if you add the ship too often. adding the MOW to 2 or 3 rands shouldn't be a problem just remember to delete the old enteries first.

3. Perhaps that could be created, the hair though might need to be attached to the hat since i don't think its possible to change hair styles ingame even in POTC.

4. Yes you can create quests for other player's but i have no idea where to start, there are some topics that might interest you and Officerpuppy, Captain Maggee and other modder's/moderators like them should be able to give you advice.

Back