• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fellow captains in taverns / bug in 3.1.5 ?

ahab

Landlubber
Hi,
Since I installed mod 3.1.5 I have a problem concerning interactions with fellow captains in taverns. If I talk to these in taverns, there are 2 options:

1. He can ask you to accompany him on a mission with your ship (capture treasure fleet etc.) in the course of the dialoge

2. You can try to hire him as your officer (on your ship)

Since 3.1.5 the first option seems not to work anymore. The captain just says to leave him alone again and again. Only from time to time I can hire him as officer. Someone else with this problem?

I have this same issue, however I never realised it was an issue.

I would assume that they would only become an officer if you had a high leadership skill because they aren't going to swap being a captain to an officer just for any old swashbuckler.

As for the first option, maybe you need to have an easy pickings log book entry. I've also noticed that most of the captians in the taverns have lost their ship, this is from drunken rumours with fellow drinkers. Without a ship they wouldn't be able to join you for a mission even if they wanted to.

There may be a better explanation but this is just what I have guessed at on my travels, hope it helps :urgh

I think you'll find the reason for the first option ie doing a mission with the said captain is because they don't have ships any more. Something we can't figure out at the moment is why they don't have ships any more.

I have this same issue, however I never realised it was an issue.

I would assume that they would only become an officer if you had a high leadership skill because they aren't going to swap being a captain to an officer just for any old swashbuckler.

Just save before you ask him to join your crew as officer and if he/she refuse,reload and ask again until he/she agree! ;)

There is a bug with this which allows you to hire those captains but they do not have ships (as they do in vanilla and previous versions of CM). For CMV3.2 this is fixed and the captains will after a few weeks game time start to purchase ships or however they get hold of there ships. I'm not sure if you can bump into them in the world map but they do sail from town to town.

Good to see they have their default behavior restored. As for bumping into them in the open sea, I have no idea. It's never happened to me before although it could be possible.

Back