• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Faction Quest

Captain Hog

Sailor Apprentice
I have finally been given a "letter of marque" by the governor of St Johns so I went over to Port Royal to see the Governor General. He has told me that there is a clash of "interests" as I have ties to the Brotherhood.

How do I solve that so I can start the National quest line? Kill more Pirates?

And Does the letter of marque do anything really?

At some point during the pirate questline (not sure when) you can do nation questlines. If however you finish the pirate questline i think it means you can't complete the english questline. :shrug

As for the marque, its effects are little really, you can attack enemies of the nation you have the marque for and you should have a bounty put on your head by any nations, if you do not have a letter of marque for a nation and attack any nation to often they will put a bounty on your head. And of course with the maque it lets you do the questline for that nation but i don't think it effects anything else.

Ok so really I have to do the Pirates quest but then keep going back to the Governor to see if he wants to talk to me?

I've done the first task for Morgan, next one is to destroy some fishing fleet (I tried it once on another save game, couldnt hit the damn things they so small and fast) lol

Thanks

Ok just been doing some digging around and found this.

Important: In conclusion, in order to do the same quest-line PG Pirate Quest + National full-line, we must suspend the attacker after the 8th this, take a letter brand, complete the quest-line national choice, and order by Morgan for the 9th and last of the pirates.

You can read the full quest guide for the pirate questline HERE

So it is adviced only to complete up to the 7th quest for the pirates before buying a letter of maque for a nation which should then allow you to complete there questline before finishing the pirates questline.

Hope this helps. :onya

Thanks, see all I knew was to get quests from the Governor General you do missions for each Governor of that Nation until they refer you to the GG, in this case the Gov of St.Johns handed me a Letter of Marque, though atm (having completed the first big task for Morgan) the GG just turns me away for pretty much being a Pirate.

Thanks I will have to proceed carefully and try my best to get them darn fishing boats, I believe I will need the Sea Wolf for that task haha!

Back