• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug enemy crew/captain unable to die

So you are playing the stock version of the game?

If that is the case then it is easy to clear a ship of her crew with a few broadsides of grapeshot, hence the reason for RTBL in GOF. It is simple to install the mod or any mod, just match the folder with the folder. Ie, open your main directory and then extract GOF 1.2 or 2.0 and then take a copy of the programs folder, now paste this into your main directory making sure you can see the programs folder so when you paste this folder into the main directory it is replacing the original programs folder, then do the same for resource folder. It will ask you to overwrite, say yes to all (including folders) and thats it done your ready to play once its finished replacing the files and folders.

I honestly cabn't see why that its hard to do, its like replacing a light bulb, you take the old one out and put the new one in. But in this case you are putting the new bulb over the top of the old one and its automatically replacing it.

well i am currently re downloading 1.2 full version so i will try again with you're advice I've tried before but haven't succeeded i really thank you for your help i'll let you know if it worked or not thanks luke i appreciate it

No problem bud, its frustratting when it is so easy, but what seems easy to one person doesn't mean it is just as easy to everyone else. Once you know how to do it, you will never forget, i just hope this time you are able to do it. But here will eb a simple example.

Age Of Pirates 2
Programs
Resources

GOF 1.2
Programs
Resources

So you copy all of what is in GOF 1.2, this should be programs, resources, modules etc and anything else that is there. Now you go to you age of pirates 2 folder and open it, you should see programs, resourtces, modules etc. Right click on a empty place in the folder and select paste, it will eventually come up with replace for files and folders, say yes to all for files and again say yes to all for folders. It will now replace the old files with the new and once finished the game is ready and waiting for you to start.

i don't know i'm still downloading GOF 1.2 full release version because somehow i lost the one i had but i have the patch

it might have wirked but its's not showing PLay Load Save Exit it looks like it is a deformed screen of just virtual models that are needed painting what do i do to fix that

Looks like you messed the install up, because it should show the main menu clearly.

yeah that's what i'm thinking i will give another try and when i extract the mod release and patch it tells me can not open, output file

I don't understand why its saying that. Are you right clicking on the rar file and selecting extract here (also use 7zip because thats what was used to rar it up with) and this could be why its messing uyp for you.

Ok first get 7zip, because you will need it.

1. Install Age Of Pirates 2
2. Make a folder on your desktop and call it "Game".
3. When COAS has finished installing go to the directory and copy the "Age Of Pirates 2 folder".
4. Open the folder you created called "Game" and right click, select paste from the drop down. When its finished you will see a folder in there called "Age Of Pirates 2".
5. Extract GOF 1.2 or 2.0 (which ever you wish to install, and note neither are compatable with one another so you can't install GOF 1.2 over 2.0 and the same applies to 2.0 been installed over 1.2).
6. Open the folder that has been extracted from GOF 1.2 and select everything in it (should be programs, resources, moduls etc)
7. Go to the new folder you created "Game" and open the folder inside called "Age Of Pirates 2" you should now see (programs, resources, modules etc). Right click on a empty spot insdie this folder and select paste.
8. When asked if you wish to replace the files, select the check box and say yes to all, do the same for folders and wait for it to finish.
9. Extract the patch and open that folder, select everything inside and paste it into the "Age Of Pirates 2" folder inside of the new folder you created "Game". Select replace all when message pops up, and say yes to all for the folders. Wait till its finished.
10. Start your game, GOF 1.2 or 2.0 is now fully installed and working (i hope).

i have both 7zip and winRAR and again thanks so much i agree and hope that it works this time i'll let you know if it works or not

Ok, if it doesn't then i don't think i can get any more detailed than the above, the only other way would be to see if there is a video on youtube that explains how to do it. I don't know of one but you never know.

Back