• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Direct Sail feature...(island to island)

Well, first I can make some good textures, besides I am able to change some minor programm-files (those I've learned tp understand), for further comlex programming, i will need precise instructions. I've made a reasonable version of the encounter.init-file for exsample and i've modded some small functions like opening locked chests, but thats all for the programming. Latly I got some exp. in setting locators.

If you're willing to share the file, I'm willing to be a guinea pig and play with it on my test version. I've got some locator experience as well. My time has started to free up a little lately. I haven't helped out at all, tested or modded since December. Only played the game three times since Dec as well. Hopefully this path forward continues. I was off today and I played the crap out of RTBL V2 with my own changes added yesterday and today. I forgot how fun this game is. It's like falling in love again.

MK

I'd like to be on board for further modding! I'll upload my encounter.init-file to my ftp-folder. I'd like to test the reinit-button. BTW i am still thinking of a way to establish a "ship to nation-mod", my current idea is add an exclude.nation function to the ship.init entries simular to the encounter.init file.

I've also added a mod-version of the quest.reaction file > changed a detail for the ascold-quest (instead of fighting 10 Manowars, you only need to face 3 Warships)

That's a great idea! Luke worked on which ships were available at shipyards for CM V2, but this takes that a good step further. If you can pull it off, we could restrict encounters to selected ships unique to their nationality. We would have to decide which ships are commonly shared and which are specific to nations first. I have my opinions. If you get it working I'd like to help. I could also compile a list of which ships I think should belong to which nations that we could all then decide on together. Best of luck Mate. Let me know if I can help you.

MK

Well then, let me define my major goals for modding beside my texture-working for ships. The First Goal was mentioned earlier. Unfortunately I am not able of c-programing. All my work I have done so far was based on the understandig of those specific funstions I've worked with, therefor the reinit button would be a great support for me to test my results for this project. My 2nd major goal is to establish a feature to carry a peronal and unique Flag (alternatively: adding my country as a nation with an own flag, would also please me). I have searched the hole program folder in order to find a function which could be changed in a way that the game shows a seperate flag (texture-file) instead of the flag for the players nation, but nothing. So I have no other idea to get this done.

:shrug

I'm sure more nations can be added like in POTC, for example the pirate nation is now a playable nation where as in vanilla and CMV2 it is not. So finding all files that refer to the nations and then adding a new nation should be possible. It would also mean adding new towns and islands for the new nations. In COAS i think its only the main islands that are in use, so small islands that are not in COAS could be added too. This however is something that would require much time and alot of help and support and might need someone with experience to either add the islands and towns or go over what has been done fine tuning everything. I don't know much about that side of modding so i'm not to sure how hard it is to do these things.

Slightly OT, it would be cool is to use the alliance system in conjunction with the calender to establish real world conflicts for the games timeframe (1655 I think).

For example:

The Anglo–Dutch Wars (1652–1654),(1665–1667),(1672–1674)
Dutch vs English, for the first two wars then Dutch vs English and French in the third war.

The War of Devolution (1667–1668)
France vs England.

The Franco-Dutch War (1672–1678)
France and England vs Spain and the United Provinces (Netherlands).

The Nine Years' War (1688–97)
UP, England and Spain vs France.

Actually, the game's timeframe is set at 1665.
But that's a lot of work and we can't allow to do that kind of work until we finish our CMv3 bugs.
I'm currently checking out all the textures and models, and compiling them into one big, bug-free package.

By the way, (I'll ask this on a couple of topics but..) Does anyone know who made that "Anamaria" on the CMv3? (Who added her?)

Maggee is correct about Anamaria, it was I.

So we don't hijack this thread, if you wish to ask question about her or start a discussion, please visit this thread.

Back