• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Direct Sail feature...(island to island)

TiMEDANCE

Landlubber
Hello sailors! :)

I only want to ask, if the direct sail feature also works in AOP2 ?? - Or if there a direct-sail-mod already exits for AOP2 ??
...would be great...

thanks...

greez :)

Does it exist? Absolutely not. Could it be made to work? Probably it could, since it works for PotC.
There'd just need to be somebody to do it, using the PotC version as an example. :shrug

Does it exist? Absolutely not. Could it be made to work? Probably it could, since it works for PotC.
There'd just need to be somebody to do it, using the PotC version as an example. :shrug

thank you for hint mr. boelen.. :woot

so I really would make it work... so I need some infos...

Is it right..."Hook" made this feature for POTC?
...and by the way... which files are involed?

CouchcaptainCharles amde the mod and Hook and Screwface made some improvements to it.
Here's the Build 13 version: http://piratesahoy.net/build/Directsail_jan25.zip
Download PotC Build 13 and compare the DirectSail files with the Build 13 ones.
The differences you find are what is needed to make the mod work.
This does exclude Hook and Screwface's work, which is only included in the Build 14 Alpha versions.

Hey Admiral Bennbow

Off topic but would it be possible for you to make your signiture slightly smaller xD:
It covers most of the screen at the moment ;)

I agree, it does look nice (I have nothing against the actual sign.)

It's just the size thats all :rofl

Please size it down, it is very annoying to read every post with a huge ship within. And if you don't do it yourself, I can do it for you.

DirectSail the best stuff in Build (i hate the worldmap in COAS...ship turning time= 24hour)
We need directSail in COAS!!!

I say it again, it is a great feature but its not going to happen unless someone does it themselves, it took CCC ages to get it working for PotC and he isnt here anymore. Someone needs to look at the files in the Build about it and see if they can implement it in CoAS

crashing during the game or didn't start? i tried to put the stuff in the COAS files and at startup it crashes immediately. but if i take some lines out of the CCCdirectsail.c then the game will start...did some scripting commands change from PotC to COAS?

The game wouldn't start. I edited all the towns and cities in the file to their COAS equivalents, took me a better part of an hour to do it but it kept crashing. I deleted the file after :shrug

as i see COAS have a problem with some lines. mostly...or all line wich should write a message in the game didn't let COAS start.
like this:
Code:
traceandlog("Captain, a hint: "+dir+" of "+Island+" lies nothing but open sea!");

i found in the file these lines:
Code:
		// Change worldmap coordinates accordingly
// Some strange spelling in worldmap_init must be taken into account:
if(toislandname=="FalaiseDeFleur") toislandname = "FaleDeFler";  
if(toislandname=="SaintMartin") toislandname = "Sent";  
if(toislandname=="Turks") toislandname = "Terks";

did anyone know if i have to do such things for the COAS islands, too?

and did you found the changed entries in "\RESOURCE\INI\Texts\English\Questbook\quests_texts.txt"?

edit: i edited the files so that i could start with them. there are many lines which didn't work...maye someone else could handle this...you found them if you seek for "ERROR".
i don't know if i had found every line for seadogs.c...i only found two lines...but i think i didn't found all :wp

edit2: file remove now there:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-2326898/Directsail_COAS.zip.html

and did you found the changed entries in "\RESOURCE\INI\Texts\English\Questbook\quests_texts.txt"?

http://www.file-upload.net/download-2323573/Directsail_COAS.zip.html
edit: i edited the files so that i could start with them. there are many lines which didn't work...maye someone else could handle this...you found them if you seek for "ERROR".
i don't know if i had found every line for seadogs.c...i only found two lines...but i think i didn't found all :wp

The Zip file is damaged and will not open. :no

Back