• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Crash after pirates around Artois' body become hostile

Jonty

Ϯ ρiгaτϵ ϻaᴤτϵѓміпם Ϯ
Beta 3.1 - Tales of a Sea Hawk

On this playthrough, I've come to the point in the Artois questline where there are 3 pirates stood around his body just outside of the city gates on La Grenade. When I talk to the pirates and they become hostile shortly after, it crashes roughly a second after they draw their swords. If I try and shoot them from a distance without talking to them and they become hostile, it also crashes after a second of them drawing their swords. I've attached the 3 log files as well, so hopefully that will reveal something.

EDIT 1: I've just discovered that it doesn't seem isolated to this quest, but happens with everyone that draws their sword on me. It is happening for every land battle it seems and not tied to this quest.

EDIT2: So I decided to check out what was wrong myself, and saw that it was related to me disabling amunition and power for guns, but "error" appeared in the slots where bullets and ammunition would be anyway instead of disapearing entirely. So when fights began, it seems to crash because the game thinks there is bullets there when there isn't. Luckily I had a save before I did the change in the game preferences menu, and there were no "error" slots in my inventory or anyone elses, and when I tried to initiate a fight, there were no crashes, so I've found out what the issue was.

Attachments

• error.log
    296 bytes · Views: 185
  • compile.log
    3.3 KB · Views: 170
  • system.log
    710 bytes · Views: 183
Last edited:
I am glad you found the problem. I would guess that it takes a new game to make that ammo - no ammo switch work. It is preferable to have the ammo on anyway because having it off messes up treasure quests.

Oooh...so...:facepalm...does the standard storyline require bullets and other ammo's now? or is it game mode related? If it is, then, I suggest disable option for those should be removed/disabled when clicked on Realistic and Iron Man mode or a warning in game in the options/config menu, you'll never know where the'll go first. :)

Jonty's problem seems to be unique to him, but others have reported bugs when opening treasure chests when ammo is turned off for years.

It probably would be a good idea to disable that option.

Back