• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Copyright of the ingame music

Ah thanks mate! I'm hoping I can get some more videos this week- reality is getting in the way, Though I'm positive I can get more videos recorded by Thursday.

@ Luke159- Wow very nice video- I'm really going to have to try MSI. I apreciate it if you could post your settings if its alright with you. I'm also trying to record videos of your mod- GOF 2.0 Beta- though I still need to instsll those patches of yours, as I never got around to doing it

UPDATE: I downloaded MSI- its pretty complicated its defintley going to need some getting used to..

Here you go bud a tutorial on how to set it up. The settings he uses are almost the same as mine however the MultiThreaded Optimization i have set to 8 compression threads, in the tuorial video bellow, he leaves it set to automatic. But you can have a little play with those settings and see what works best for you.

@Walter Kennedy. Congratulations on being twitter-worthy! None of my contributions ever got that sort of consideration.
Not? That's strange; I'm pretty sure I added your work to the PiratesAhoy! YouTube Channel playlists and whenever I do that, it should automatically be posted on the Twitter feed.
Anyway, if you've got any content that isn't linked to the PiratesAhoy! channel yet, be sure to let me know and I'll do that and give you your overdue Twitter-time as well. :doff

I actually put all the music in GOF. Its from my Turbulent Times mod. http://www.gamefront.com/files/20999604/MK's Turbulent Times Music Mod.rar

There is a "read me" that discusses the music and gives necessary credit where required. The last part of this has a generic legal use statement under USC107 that allows music in non-profit and educational venues. So that covers us in the US, but I don't know about viewing in European countries. Let me also just say that I got permission from owners and publishers to use over 85 percent of the music in that mod and used the USC107 statement to cover me on those that were not interested in returning my e-mails.

Hey MK,

thanks for the statement. So the licenses have been offered to you but cannot simply be forwarded to someone, who for example uploads recordings of them on YouTube. I do not want to get a strike from YouTube so I would like to know, if I could disable them and how? I would like to avoid having to add my own music to the game, because of I already spend a lot of time producing all the vids I do produce.

@Pieter

Here is my first episode of my LP in HQ :)

Hey MK,

thanks for the statement. So the licenses have been offered to you but cannot simply be forwarded to someone, who for example uploads recordings of them on YouTube. I do not want to get a strike from YouTube so I would like to know, if I could disable them and how? I would like to avoid having to add my own music to the game, because of I already spend a lot of time producing all the vids I do produce.

@Pieter

Here is my first episode of my LP in HQ :)

Hey bud, MK has uploaded a lot of video's and for GOF 1.2 which uses the same music in GOF 2 and i don't believe he has had any issue's with youtube. If its part of a mod then its not actually your fault, the music wasn't added by you. If you don't want music though, then turn it off in the menu. Chances are the music will be very low anyway because of people been able to hear you speaking.

Hmm bad news- due to pretty horrible internant connection I was unable to upload my videos. :( My apologies. I will try again tommorow- interan Explorer is becoming a real pain lately. ( for me)

@Luke159- Thanks for the MSi link and tutorial- though when I tested I got good and bad results-

POTC Beta 2.2- terribly slowed down the game, running and other actions.

AoP2 GOF!- Perfect- no problems whatsoever- great.

Sorry for this Over the week I recorded some POTC (sadly no GOF videos) videos. Though due to very bad internant connection I cannot watch videos at all. I hope to get these recordings on youtube later today or tommorow. I don't know what happend to my pc connctiojn it seems like a few weeks ago it was just fine. :confused:

No worries, mate; will be looking forward to them once your connection allows you to post them. :doff

Back