• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Copyright of the ingame music

mk0

Powder Monkey
Hello,

I want to make a Let's Play for this game but I am wondering about the copyright of the music added to the GOF mod of the game. I know, that Conquest of Paradise has been added for example. This could cause problems. What other tracks could cause problems and is there a way to disable them?

I'm not sure what has been added, but you can check in RESOURCE\INI\ALIASES\music_alias.ini, I think, what has been added.
As far as I'm aware, YouTube doesn't have a problem with ALL the technically copyrighted music, so you could just post it as-is.
Alternatively, set the volume of the music down altogether and then add your own music after the fact or something?

In any case, thanks in advance for your Let's Play! Once you've got it done, be sure to let us know and we'll Favourite it on our PiratesAhoy! YouTube channel too.

Hey Pieter,

thanks for the reply! :) I will think about your suggestions and take a look into that file. Please note, that this Let's Play will be in german but with english texts. I will translate or simulate the conversations in a funny pirate way. Big thanks for the offer! :)

best

Nothing wrong with a German Let's Play. We've favourited one other German one already:
Anything PotC/AoP-related should be linked to out channel for everyone to find. :woot

Nothing wrong with a German Let's Play. We've favourited one other German one already:
Anything PotC/AoP-related should be linked to out channel for everyone to find. :woot

Alright I made a few POTC and one GOF lets plays, how do I link them to the PA youtube channel? :shrug Sorry, I hardly know much of these things.

If you post the link to them here, I'll take care of it for you. :doff

Alright, I'm currently in the process of recording more Lets Plays and a video showing basicly everything in Port Royal I'll give the link to the videos soon.. They're only 10 min. long since every other program I've tried has slowed down my Pc and Hypercam 2 is too much of a pain.

Cheers, mate! I favourited all of them and added them to our appropriate playlists.
And by extension, they also got posted on our Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/PiratesAhoy_
So hopefully this will allow more people to see them. Thanks for your efforts! :doff

Cool! I never thought my videoes would get posted on twitter- it feels nice that more people can watch them. Gives people a chance to see how I play. I'm still recording more- probally 3 or 4 a week. I'll let you guys know when I record more. Thanks!

Be sure to do that and we'll post them too! :onya

The way I figure it, I'm quite happy to support anyone who is trying to support us. Only makes sense, no? :cheeky

Working together: It's an amazing concept when you think about it and used not at all frequently enough. ;)

I seriously hate it when youtubers who make excellent Lets Plays of POTC and AoP2 suddenly stop just irritates me. Like MrBritishGamer I still hope for the day he will return to doing Lets Plays of Pirates Of THe Caribbean. But anyways- I'm happy to help. And I'll notify you whenever I make new videos.

Well, he DID do quite a lot before he stopped. In fact, he was the first one who started doing them for PotC as far as I'm aware.
I imagine it's quite hard to keep it up for the vast duration of a PotC storyline, so making an end to it could be difficult.
Though I agree it is unfortunate if there is a "tune in next week for another episode of..." when none is ever made.

Alright, I'm currently in the process of recording more Lets Plays and a video showing basicly everything in Port Royal I'll give the link to the videos soon.. They're only 10 min. long since every other program I've tried has slowed down my Pc and Hypercam 2 is too much of a pain.

Hey bud a let's play of the latest versions for both POTC and COAS would be great news. I alway's wanted someone to do a let's play of GOF 1.2 but no one did.:(

Have you tried MSI Afterburner? i use it and its a good little recording program that hardly uses any juice from your system. http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

Cool, here's a video from when i did a testing of how MSI worked with it. In fact all my video's are done with MSI and its clear to see from the early ones that it takes a little ajusting to get right but once its setup right it works perfectly.

If you need help with getting the picture to record as clear as i have got it, i will post my MSI settings so you can try them out. Just ask if you need help.:onya

Hello,

I want to make a Let's Play for this game but I am wondering about the copyright of the music added to the GOF mod of the game. I know, that Conquest of Paradise has been added for example. This could cause problems. What other tracks could cause problems and is there a way to disable them?

I actually put all the music in GOF. Its from my Turbulent Times mod. http://www.gamefront.com/files/20999604/MK's+Turbulent+Times+Music+Mod.rar

There is a "read me" that discusses the music and gives necessary credit where required. The last part of this has a generic legal use statement under USC107 that allows music in non-profit and educational venues. So that covers us in the US, but I don't know about viewing in European countries. Let me also just say that I got permission from owners and publishers to use over 85 percent of the music in that mod and used the USC107 statement to cover me on those that were not interested in returning my e-mails.

Eras actually has a bunch of new music to include some different tracks more suitable for the late and early era modules.

@Walter Kennedy. Congratulations on being twitter-worthy! None of my contributions ever got that sort of consideration.

MK

I actually put all the music in GOF. Its from my Turbulent Times mod. http://www.gamefront.com/files/20999604/MK's Turbulent Times Music Mod.rar

There is a "read me" that discusses the music and gives necessary credit where required. The last part of this has a generic legal use statement under USC107 that allows music in non-profit and educational venues. So that covers us in the US, but I don't know about viewing in European countries. Let me also just say that I got permission from owners and publishers to use over 85 percent of the music in that mod and used the USC107 statement to cover me on those that were not interested in returning my e-mails.

Eras actually has a bunch of new music to include some different tracks more suitable for the late and early era modules.

@Walter Kennedy. Congratulations on being twitter-worthy! None of my contributions ever got that sort of consideration.

MK

Ah thanks mate! I'm hoping I can get some more videos this week- reality is getting in the way, Though I'm positive I can get more videos recorded by Thursday.

@ Luke159- Wow very nice video- I'm really going to have to try MSI. I apreciate it if you could post your settings if its alright with you. I'm also trying to record videos of your mod- GOF 2.0 Beta- though I still need to instsll those patches of yours, as I never got around to doing it

UPDATE: I downloaded MSI- its pretty complicated its defintley going to need some getting used to..

Back