• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Controls keep on reseting and cannot change mod options in menu.

Thyriad

Landlubber
Controls keep on reseting and cannot change mod options in menu.
Game Age of Pirates 2 CoaS
mod Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0
GOF 2.0 Full Mod Patch V1.3

Problem 1:
I have played the game for short time. Then after I launched the game for second time I started to have control problems. When I load my Jack Sparrow game the controls are all broken. Cannot raise lower sails with w and s, ctrl loads some different cannon balls mouse don't turn ision left/right and so on...
I have to enter options and reset all to default, but then after I load game again or enter some other location/world map it goes again...
Problem 2:
I cannot change the mod options in menu. After I turn off the GOF mods I don't want and accept I don't see any change in game (for example compass/mini map don't change). Then when I check options again the options from mod I turned off are on again, some are turned off but got different color and even if they do there is no change in game..

The game is unplayable now... vanilla was much better.. any fix?

Removing the file named "options" from your main game folder often helps. Worth a try.
You'll have to change your settings afterwards.

:ahoy

1) That is strange as usually people complain because they can't change the controls at all. Possibly a bad download or install?

2) That is more common. Some things change and some things do not change, like the compass.

Removing the file named "options" from your main game folder often helps. Worth a try.
You'll have to change your settings afterwards.
when I removed options file then it was even worse :D I could enter debug mode when ressing W and when pressing S I could see all hero characters and where they are :D
In debug mode I could gie myself 50k gold or teleport to some City of Abandoned Ships I lost my ship and the town was on water and MANY ships destroyed, there was tavern very near the entrace. Can I enter this town without this debug mode? where is it.

anyway my problem isnt fixed.. I can play but only when I set seetings to default every time i start the game.

The SAD discovery is the following:

To have ANY picture change related mods to work, (and to make sure that other mod changes are going to work 100%)

1.: you have to start a new game, or load a save,
2.: change mod options ingame
3.: Save the game to xy
4.:quit the game to desktop!!!!
5.: restart game
6.: load xy savegame. And voila!

Sadly It seems that once a texture is loaded into memory, ONLY a quit and reload can change it.
If someone have ANY idea how to force it otherwise, tell me, and I try to test to implement it..

Actually, some unknown changes can lead to broken controls. You can evade this by pressing "set controls to default", then save, quit, restart, and load the save. then you can change it to your own controls, and save again, then reload.

The SAD discovery is the following:

To have ANY picture change related mods to work, (and to make sure that other mod changes are going to work 100%)

1.: you have to start a new game, or load a save,
2.: change mod options ingame
3.: Save the game to xy
4.:quit the game to desktop!!!!
5.: restart game
6.: load xy savegame. And voila!

Sadly It seems that once a texture is loaded into memory, ONLY a quit and reload can change it.
If someone have ANY idea how to force it otherwise, tell me, and I try to test to implement it..
I think that is true for interface images defined through pictures.ini .

Controls keep on reseting and cannot change mod options in menu.
Game Age of Pirates 2 CoaS
mod Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0
GOF 2.0 Full Mod Patch V1.3

Problem 1:
I have played the game for short time. Then after I launched the game for second time I started to have control problems. When I load my Jack Sparrow game the controls are all broken. Cannot raise lower sails with w and s, ctrl loads some different cannon balls mouse don't turn ision left/right and so on...
I have to enter options and reset all to default, but then after I load game again or enter some other location/world map it goes again...
Problem 2:
I cannot change the mod options in menu. After I turn off the GOF mods I don't want and accept I don't see any change in game (for example compass/mini map don't change). Then when I check options again the options from mod I turned off are on again, some are turned off but got different color and even if they do there is no change in game..

The game is unplayable now... vanilla was much better.. any fix?

I'm wondering if this is a result of a controller, joy stick or something been plugged in that conflicts with the game in some way? i had this problem myself once (back in CMV1.5 days) i had to go into options hit reset for key bindings and then ok this fixed the problem then i could change the keys back to the bindings i use with no problems. Sadly i can't remember the cause behind that problem for me, i think it was because i left my Xbox 360 pad plugged in.

Back