• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Companion Ball Choice

BelThorne

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
Ok, This mod allows you to command your companion ships to fire the ball type of your choice: Cannon balls, Grapeshot, Knippels or Bombs.

This is done through the standard companion command system. The companion will keep using these until you assign another ball type, or you assign the same type again, where it will reset to choosing the ball type itself.

The Companion will also warn you when it runs out of the chosen ammo type.

Download here.

As always, this is the base compatible version. If you want to use it with any of my other mods, download the JsCombinedMod

As always, please report any bugs you find in this thread.

Cheers,

Jonathan A.

Wow, awesome! You figure it out!

Thanks so much, this is something I've been dying to have available!

Are the companions smart enough to know to close to optimal range depending on ball type you order them to use?

Can't wait to try this out!! :will

Thanks, it was very annoying watching as all ships in my fleet would sink the other ships, i like to destroy there masts and then use grape shots on them before boarding and looting them and sinking them, i try not to damage the ships i want to take over too much lol. This mod will certainly help reduce the time it takes to loot other ships.

Jon, Greate work ! i've been self enclosed in the Storm engine modeling subforum for a while... and i was missing this !!! such cool mods you are doing !, and useful too !!!
Here goes a request... Right now i have two ships in my fleet, 1 Frigate, wich is my flagship, and has quite a few piasters on it... almost every mod from bermuda was bought... the other one is a battleship, but's irrelevant... the thing is, from time to time i need to use the BS in a fight, but... usually i end up losing the EXPENSIVE frigate for a crap galleon, just because it's bigger... is it possible to restrain, better yet, FORBID the companion to board other ships ?
Also, request two, sometimes in battle, i decide to send the ships away, and usually they just stay in the spot, trying to sail against the wind, maybe a sub menu similar to the sails or the balls could be added to point the direction in wich they should escape ?

Jon, Greate work ! i've been in self exile at the Storm engine modeling subforum for a while... and i was missing this !!! such cool mods you are doing !, and useful too !!!
Here goes a request... Right now i have two ships in my fleet, 1 Frigate, wich is my flagship, and has quite a few piasters on it... almost every mod from bermuda was bought... the other one is a battleship, but's irrelevant... the thing is, from time to time i need to use the BS in a fight, but... usually i end up losing the EXPENSIVE frigate for a crap galleon, just because it's bigger... is it possible to restrain, better yet, FORBID the companion to board other ships ?
Also, request two, sometimes in battle, i decide to send the ships away, and usually they just stay in the spot, trying to sail against the wind, maybe a sub menu similar to the sails or the balls could be added to point the direction in wich they should escape ?

Aye, sometimes Fred Bob be thinkin' de command oughta be "Follow Me Closely" instead o' de vague command o' "Sail Away"! :facepalm

A tight, prolix line formation would be pretty nice aswell... like in EIC :will

Back