• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP COAS: Noble Hero

Lord Horatio Nelson

1st Duke of Bronté
Storm Modder
Well, it certainly has been a while since I last posted or said a word on this website. Anyways, over time I have gotten better with COAS modding, and I now do some texturing, and a tad bit o' modeling. I know code fairly well now, and COAS code is MUCH, MUCH more simple than coding in the other game I (sometimes) code in.
So now, I have been thinking, I should probably make a mod for COAS, and post it on here, seeing as I have not seen many new mods on this site for COAS lately. The Noble Hero Mod will be a COAS mod on its own, not useable on-top of any other mods. The mod will add a NEW character with his own questline (like Peter Blood but not). It will feature a special ship ONLY useable by the main character, and it will be ONLY acquirable from the main questline of said character. At some point, the character will gain his own residence in Port Royal (Yes, he is English) and possibly a wife. The mod will also MAKE the game more periodically accurate, meaning it will be centered in ONE certain era, likely the Golden Age or the Restoration era. There will also be new ships, items, and such. I plan on making it retexture some parts of the game NOT just the ships and that. Any feedback on this may be posted with a comment on this discussion. Although I cannot make it say MOD RELEASE due to me not having the Storm Modder role (Sigh) that is not the point of this thread. I hope others will join me on this venture, but if not I can manage, but we all know it is easier with TEAMWORK (Oh god I sounded like a teacher talking to a group of kindergarteners oh god). And yes, you guessed it, the mod will have some nobility features to it. Many thanks to those who provide their feedback, and once this mod gets finished, I hope anyone who tries it out enjoys it.
Edit: It will keep all characters, but still add the new one.

Last edited:
Welcome back! :cheers

Seems like an interesting promise, new characters and stories are always welcome in my book.

About the Storm Modder tag.
Maybe @Pieter Boelen give it to you?
Though I am not entirely sure if it has to do with weather or not it has to do with "Mod Release".
It seems to me like it is about which forum it's posted on.

Edit: Forget that, this doesn't apply to the COAS sub-forum as I can put "Mod Release".

I had the TEHO forum in mind.

Thanks
Welcome back! :cheers

Seems like an interesting promise, new characters and stories are always welcome in my book.

About the Storm Modder tag.
Maybe @Pieter Boelen give it to you?
Though I am not entirely sure if it has to do with weather or not it has to do with "Mod Release".
It seems to me like it is about which forum it's posted on.

Edit: Forget that, this doesn't apply to the COAS sub-forum as I can put "Mod Release".

I had the TEHO forum in mind.

It will remove every character besides Peter Blood and will have its own story to it. It will feature a special ship ONLY useable by the main character, and it will be ONLY acquirable from the main questline of said character.
Why would you remove content...? o_O

The mod will also MAKE the game more periodically accurate, meaning it will be centered in ONE certain era, likely the Golden Age
Isn't that already done with ERAS2?

Although I cannot make it say MOD RELEASE due to me not having the Storm Modder role
Actually, that should have nothing to do with it.
The optional thread "tags" are sub-forum specific.
This Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships forum does have the "Mod Release" tag enabled, so you should be able to use it.

It wouldn't be appropriate for this thread though.
Not yet anyway.
There is no mod release here... :ninja

Yes, I know. WIP is the appropriate thing, since it's literally a WIP. And I know ERAS does that, but like, this is not the place for ERAS, is it? BuccaneersReef is for ERAS, aint it? And, PA! needs its own mod that is periodically accurate, seeing as we do not have one of our own yet, do we? Although I may add other new quests as well, it is not that hard if you know how they work, and check everything 24 times.
Why would you remove content...? o_O

Isn't that already done with ERAS2?

Actually, that should have nothing to do with it.
The optional thread "tags" are sub-forum specific.
This Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships forum does have the "Mod Release" tag enabled, so you should be able to use it.

It wouldn't be appropriate for this thread though.
Not yet anyway.
There is no mod release here... :ninja

WIP is the appropriate thing, since it's literally a WIP.
If you manage to do something still this month, you might be able to win some money: ;)
Notice - Unofficial Mod Contest for PiratesAhoy becoming of legal age!

And I know ERAS does that, but like, this is not the place for ERAS, is it? BuccaneersReef is for ERAS, aint it?
It just seems a bit of a shame to me to reinvent the wheel...

It's not like ERAS2 is banned here or anything.
Bad behaviour is banned. :shrug

Although I may add other new quests as well, it is not that hard if you know how they work, and check everything 24 times.
There's certainly a LOT possible there!
Just look at all the work @Bartolomeu o Portugues, @Jack Rackham and @Grey Roger managed to do for PotC: New Horizons! :bow

If you manage to do something still this month, you might be able to win some money: ;)
Notice - Unofficial Mod Contest for PiratesAhoy becoming of legal age!

It just seems a bit of a shame to me to reinvent the wheel...

It's not like ERAS2 is banned here or anything.
Bad behaviour is banned. :shrug

There's certainly a LOT possible there!
Just look at all the work @Bartolomeu o Portugues, @Jack Rackham and @Grey Roger managed to do for PotC: New Horizons! :bow
Alright. I will likely add propper forms of address, and probably better naval stuff. Also, can you tell me how I can actually view character models?

You mean outside of the game?

This generally works: http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/Cloud/Tools/Modeling+Texturing/Animation View.7z

I also got GM Viewer to display character models with textures using DGvoodoo.
GM Viewer: http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/Cloud/Tools/Modeling+Texturing/GM Viewer.zip
DGvoodoo: Downloads - Dege's stuffs (Download using a browser other than Google Chrome)

However note that DGvoodoo may have some problems depending on your hardware.
It didn't like my previous integrated AMD graphics for example.

You mean outside of the game?

This generally works: http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/Cloud/Tools/Modeling+Texturing/Animation View.7z

I also got GM Viewer to display character models with textures using DGvoodoo.
GM Viewer: http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/Cloud/Tools/Modeling+Texturing/GM Viewer.zip
DGvoodoo: Downloads - Dege's stuffs (Download using a browser other than Google Chrome)

However note that DGvoodoo may have some problems depending on your hardware.
It didn't like my previous integrated AMD graphics for example.
Thanks, I thought Animation Viewer would help, but I was not sure since it had been a while.

Dammit... Now I'm in love with the USS Constitution, maybe I'll make a game mod that turns COAS into 19th Century age of sail instead... Would be fun to see different periods, not just the Golden Age. And GOF 2.0 has THE perfect Constitution model and such.

Dammit... Now I'm in love with the USS Constitution, maybe I'll make a game mod that turns COAS into 19th Century age of sail instead... Would be fun to see different periods, not just the Golden Age. And GOF 2.0 has THE perfect Constitution model and such.
Would definitely make your mod more unique.
And there certainly are a good amount of more modern ship models available too. :yes

Back