• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem bud. :onya

We have play tested the crew amounts and i'm in no doubt that they work very well perhaps a little tweaking here and there but on a whole i believe them to be very good and very realistic. :will

Well its alway's nice to see more people modding COAS, hope one day you do take this hobby up and release some incredible mods. ;)

No problem bud. :onya

We have play tested the crew amounts and i'm in no doubt that they work very well perhaps a little tweaking here and there but on a whole i believe them to be very good and very realistic. :will

Well its alway's nice to see more people modding COAS, hope one day you do take this hobby up and release some incredible mods. ;)

Problem will be finding something worth doing that hasn't already been done by CMv3!

There's alot out there, in POTC there is a so much to do and porty over its where do we start. The problem is for many of the things we want we can't get because we need a coder but we can try and learn. Perhaps some of us will learn how to code and we can start to port many more things over. :yes

Let me put it this way: I never officially learnt coding
and I did manage to a thing or two for PotC, eh? :cheeky
Still, having proper coding knowledge does allow one to do more... :shrug

There's alot out there, in POTC there is a so much to do and porty over its where do we start. The problem is for many of the things we want we can't get because we need a coder but we can try and learn. Perhaps some of us will learn how to code and we can start to port many more things over. :yes

I know some intermediate C++ and C#. I remember someone saying some of this was similar to C. If it comes down to it, I'm sure I could buckle down and sort it all out.

On an unrelated note, I've noticed that 8lb cannons are worth approximately twice their weight in gold, so if you're ever faced with the choice between the 400 cannons in a captured ship or the equivalent weight in gold, you know which to pick :razz

In that case, I strongly recommend you use Notepad and look at some of the .c files in the PROGRAM folder. You might be pleasantly surprised by how understandable it all is. :yes

In that case, I strongly recommend you use Notepad and look at some of the .c files in the PROGRAM folder. You might be pleasantly surprised by how understandable it all is. :yes

Perhaps I will do just that. However, first, I do believe I will sleep the daylight away. Nasty sun... with its nasty light and its nasty warmth....

Yup, even an idiot like me can understand some of it, so wonders will fly from your finger tips if you know intermidiate C++

Yup, even an idiot like me can understand some of it, so wonders will fly from your finger tips if you know intermidiate C++

Well I hope not, because I think that would freak me out a little bit... About to start checking out the files... see what I can do with them.

Since combined mod3.1 I have no ship-thumbnails at all anymore. Is my installation broken or has someone else the same problem. With combined mod v3 there
were only some ships without thumbnails.

Since combined mod3.1 I have no ship-thumbnails at all anymore. Is my installation broken or has someone else the same problem. With combined mod v3 there
were only some ships without thumbnails.

I've noticed the same thing, just haven't gotten around to checking on the existence/status of a bug report.

None here either but so far they are all ported over. I'm only a few hours in game since CMv3.1. Have been collecting pics, will show later.

None here either but so far they are all ported over. I'm only a few hours in game since CMv3.1. Have been collecting pics, will show later.

@Pirate_I_Am

Since you are collecting pic. Can you tell me is the cursed Dutchman in cm3 look like this?? :shrug

dutchman.jpg

Thanks

There are two Dutchman in the game, the one you get when you play with Davy Jones, and the quest version. The quest version is the ship you fight when doing the quest...forgot what's it called. Although, based on that picture, I don't know why you have white torn sails, both ships have the more accurate seaweed looking sails like in the movie.

There are two Dutchman in the game, the one you get when you play with Davy Jones, and the quest version. The quest version is the ship you fight when doing the quest...forgot what's it called. Although, based on that picture, I don't know why you have white torn sails, both ships have the more accurate seaweed looking sails like in the movie.

Its have white sail because it is not from the cm3 mod it was make by our friend the Russian I got that off a rus site.
So that why i ask if this is the the ship you have in the the mod as the cursed flying Dutchman.

Actually, I don't think you do.

ageofpirates21.jpg

This is the stock CoAS version that is not even remotely movie-accurate because CoAS isn't a game with a PotC license.

dutchman.jpg

This version was made by the Russians and takes an existing AoP ship and adds a movie-like cursed bow to it. When you compare the model closely with the PotC films, the ship isn't actually movie-accurate. Especially when you pay attention to the stern.
We put that version in the PotC Build Mod until:

cursed_dutchman.jpg

This movie-accurate Flying Dutchman was made by PiratesAhoy! forum member ZarethPL. The movie-accurate seaweedy torn sails were made by PiratesAhoy! forum member Kazeite, who also made the movie-accurate Black Pearl model.

I think you've got that last version in the CoAS Combined Modpack. We've also got that one in the PotC Build Mod now. Though we kept the Russian version as the uncursed version, because we don't have a proper Will Turner captained one yet and the Russian IS quite nice.

Actually, I don't think you do.

*Image removed because it was intimidating me*
This is the stock CoAS version that is not even remotely movie-accurate because CoAS isn't a game with a PotC license.

*Image removed for similar reasons to above*
This version was made by the Russians and takes an existing AoP ship and adds a movie-like cursed bow to it. When you compare the model closely with the PotC films, the ship isn't actually movie-accurate. Especially when you pay attention to the stern.
We put that version in the PotC Build Mod until:

*Image removed because it tasted too much like purple*
This movie-accurate Flying Dutchman was made by PiratesAhoy! forum member ZarethPL. The movie-accurate seaweedy torn sails were made by PiratesAhoy! forum member Kazeite, who also made the movie-accurate Black Pearl model.

I think you've got that last version in the CoAS Combined Modpack. We've also got that one in the PotC Build Mod now. Though we kept the Russian version as the uncursed version, because we don't have a proper Will Turner captained one yet and the Russian IS quite nice.

This is the version currently in use (CMv3.1) in the Davy Jones game start.

294nbee.jpg

The Russian model is also in the folder, as well as one more (I assume the stock one, I didn't check).

That is ZarethPL's version: see the thin and high stern as opposed to the wide and low stern on the Russian version. Though she might've been changed to be greener,;I don't recall her being that green in PotC.

You probably have the Russian version as well, because pretty much all ships from the PotC Build Mod made their way to the CoAS Combined Modpack and I purposely kept the Russian version in there to use as uncursed version until somebody makes a movie-accurate version for that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back