• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS CM V3 plus patch 1

jmaverick

Sailor
:rolleyes: Hi,
as stated in the sbj I'm playing using mod CM V3 plus patch 1 and I noticed that, in comparison with the Vanilla game, naval battles are very very easy, all thye ooponents seem to decide to surrender......
Is this due to what? Regards

chance to surrender is based on how high your authority or leadership is i believe. Also if you are a Bloody Pirate notoriety (the worst one) i think people surrender no mateer what your authority is. If not, carry around a dead cormorant and get the -30 leadership and no one will surrender to a pirate with a dead duck in his belt. Perhaps something was changed by the mod, but i have not experienced this. However my character is level 14 and has like 12 base leadership so far.

Well, I'm playing as Peter Blood, Level 17, Leadership 31, Luck 33, Reputetion Bloody Assassin. As soon as board a ship it surrenders......It' easy, no problem, just noce to know why.

yeah i think the bloody assassin is the worst rank so thats why they surrender. I believe you can now sail around in a tartane with 2 crew and cap MOWs. hahaa probably not, i think it's just merchant ships. So what did you do to get bloody assassin?? Other than slowly being a bastard your whole way there, i think there are a few ways to instantly get that rank, like flying the same nation flag and fireing on a ship.

Adding to that i think selling captured captains will also reduce your rank or is that just loyalty.

Well, I did not notice that
1. thwowing captured sailors off board
2. capturing captains and selling the to governors
was that nasty.
Now I know, paid a priest and I'm a man of honor :)

Back