• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Change sails colors as in AoP1

jean

Master Mariner
Storm Modder
Hi,

It has been hard :modding but I found the way to change colors of ships sails as in Aop1. You'll find the files here:

http://rapidshare.com/#!download|958|441480375|Mod_Couleur_Voiles.rar|389.299

You'll just take care with the Battle_Interface file cause I did modify for some others reasons, but works fine even with yours saves.

Launch the game, press "F2" and call ship interface, then double-click on Sails icon (as you do for cannons) and choose the color and emblème you want.

Enjoy. :sail

Interesting and thank you philippe. :onya

Now all we need to do is make it so you can select the sails at the shipyard.

Nice work Phillipe :2up

Luke's right. We need to try to get that part of the GUI as a tab in the shipyard.

MK

Hi, do you mean ask to the shipyarder and then get choise of colors sails (with or without paiement)? I already added a button upgrades to modify material of sails and hull as in AoP1(doesn't works very well, I've to ameliorate it).

You have oh, well in that case it just needs to be made stable then. Nice work philippe i look forward to seeing this ingame when its finished. :onya

This does not appear to completely be CMV 3.2 compatible...

I installed it, loved it. Not sure why, but after installing this mod, I gained the ability to change my sail colour and insignia (note, this had to be done individually for every ship). However I lost the ability to tell my companions to reload/recharge. As a result, my companions could only fire one type of ammunition (balls. literally).

To check file corruption, i uninstalled (complete), re-installed (complete), installed CMV 3.2.... could change ammo. Installed this mod... could not (I could, companion ships could not).

My guess is the battle interface file needs slight tweaking?

More to add...

Checked the files. It is the battle interface file. It looks like there are some companion ship options that are enabled in the sail-colour mod that are disabled in vanilla and CMV 3.2 (such as the ability to moor, sail to, etc.) which are actually enabled in this version. I always wondered why I could order companion ships to moor... never thought anything of it though.

I'm not a modder, so i didn't do too much looking, but my guess is it's that little section that's the problem.

A second problem may be that the list of ships don't match from CMV 3.2 to the sail mod in the battle interface file.

If i get a change to screw around with the file i'll let you know the results... but I am no modder (though I can see why you all love it!)

Hi, this mod is mixed with surrender mod (for CMV 3.2), on FTP, PotC files in my folder. Now you've to go to the shipyard (asked by Luke159) and pay 3000 to get colored sails. You always must double-click on sails icon to get this possibility.

Good news and good work mate!
danse1.gif

If the non-compatible files are somewhere, you can always WinMerge yourself. What file is the latest? I could try.

I'm going to go digging through the ftp, and see what I can find. This is a very important thing that needs to be added.

Back