• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Chad Petch is killing my business

Kwamg

Landlubber
Hi everyone,
I have never posted here before so first I'd like to thank you all for your amazing work on this game ! :doff
I spend an incredible amout of time on the original game back in 2004/2005, I found it again two years ago and since then I have been playing New Horizons from time to time.

Before explaining the problem here is my configuration :
- Win 10
- Nividia graphics
- NH build 14 beta 4.0

I'm in a freeplay game around 1800 with an English social climber. I am still at a quite low level so I rely a lot on delivery missions to keep the business afloat. I took one from Alice Town's to Turk's storeowner (Chad Petch). Once there the delivery quest dialog doesn't appear... I have all the cargo, I tried lots of things like placing all of it in one ship etc, nothing works. So my game is pretty much dead at this point. Usually I am careful with saved games to prevent that kind of event... but in this case my oldest save is just after taking the quest :rolleyes:
Then I found this thread : Workaround for STORE/TRADE Missions Bugs
I wanted to try something similar but I had a hard time trying to mess with the files :D. Chad doesn't have his own files, he refers to Ricardo Sanchez's files. And the dialog C file is really different from other storeowner files... no way to apply the trick from the thread above. I have tried everything my understanding of the code could allow, like duplicating another storeowner file, and nothing works.
I also thought about deleting the quest in the save file but quickly realised that's compicated:modding

I should probably just start over a new game, but at the same time I'm very curious to find a fix !

Do you guys have any idea ?

Have a good day :napoleon

I'm not familiar enough with the working of cargo delivery quests to figure out what might be wrong. But I can tell you why Chad Petch uses "Ricardo Sanchez_dialog.c". The storekeeper of Turks Island is Ricardo Sanchez, he's a pirate, and in most periods Turks Island belongs to the pirates. But 1800 is "Napoleonic" period, in which Turks Island is British, so Ricardo Sanchez gets a new British name. The game still refers to him as "Ricardo Sanchez", though - that's still his game ID, regardless of the name you see on screen. And so he still uses "Ricardo Sanchez_dialog.c".

"Ricardo Sanchez_dialog.c" shows up as having a date of 13th June 2017, so something has been done to it last year. Comparing it to "Martinho Guterres_dialog.c", the dialog file for the storekeeper of Grenada, there are some minor differences but the main structure seems to be similar, so it's possible that whatever bug affected the Turks Island store has been fixed in Beta 4.1.

All of which means, I agree with @Pieter Boelen - upgrade to the most recent version and start a new game.

Back