• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all. There is also a not poisoned throwing knife by me, pistoldart. That should also keep the JRH_28 picture.

Yes, that's the one I meant. Its definition will be as you wrote it, using the icon from "itemsJRH28". Meanwhile, "pistolpdart", the normal poisoned throwing knife, will continue to use "items_ccc", but what it will now find there is this:
pdart_icon.jpg
As well as the drip of poison on the tip, it's flipped horizontally so it's pointing the same way as the old icon for "pistolpdart". So it looks a bit more different to your original, which should help players avoid being confused about which one to use. :D

Thanks Grey Rogers.
It is true. I also notice many graphic changes after starting a new game. The game looks more solid and realistic.
Pity that I lost my saved game after the new installation of Build 14 and I had to start from 0.
What about the new files? what am I supposed to do?
I download those posted by Jack Rackman and add them or should I wait?
i really like all what all you, are doing with this game. Congratulations

Strange, there haven't been any major changes to the graphics system for ages!

As previously stated, you'd have had to start a new game anyway to benefit from some of the things in the previous update, and you'll need to start again to see the most interesting stuff in this one - wait till you see what @Jack Rackham did to Santiago! That, however, is not in his recent post; he uploaded the files for Santiago some time ago, and I've since made a few small additions of my own to the town as well.

Watch this space for an announcement when the latest update is available. Then download it from the FTP site, unzip it, and copy it on top of an existing installation.

Maybe the graphic changes came by other means but I certainly see it better in some aspects, more clean and solid as I said before. Maybe some change in the resolution.
I do not know what is FTP site. Can you give me a link? please.
Regarding the changes in Cuba. Santiago or Havana if a Cuban guy can help, count on me because I'm Cuban. ;)

Last edited:
@Jack Rackham: Another thing I noticed is that character model "devil.gm" appears to lack a texture. Further investigation with GM Viewer shows that it's looking for "50BV.tga.tx" but what is in your files is "50DV.tga.tx". A quick hex-edit to make "devil.gm" use "50DV.tga.tx" instead, and here he is:
devil.jpg

50DV.tga was for the devils talking head as it's the only way I could remove the original head. (alpha)
That is not the case with the full body model as the original head easily could be removed with the TOOL.
So thanks but it works with any of the textures for the full body.
invisible head.jpg

Fair enough, I've put the original from your uploaded file back into my update archive. (Though, if the full body version works with "50DV.tga" as well, perhaps let it do so? That way, if you want to change his appearance, you only need to change one file, and it wouldn't make him necessarily use the same clothes as Artois Voysey.)

The new update archive is now available, so you can try it out over the Easter holiday.
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_25May_updates.zip

To use this, just download it, unzip it, then copy it into the top level of your game installation folder. It's structured the same way as the game, so Windows should automatically send everything to its proper place. It should not wreck an existing savegame but you are strongly recommended to start a new game as some of the good stuff won't take effect until you do.

The most visible changes are in Santiago, where @Jack Rackham has added lots of new details, including trees, some clutter near the store so you know that it is the store, and some new locators. The locators won't be visible in normal gameplay but I made use of some of them, so now Santiago has three more permanent wandering citizens, a street trader just outside the tavern, and the only outdoor blacksmith in the Caribbean.

If you play "Tales of a Sea Hawk" and get to the part where you're washed ashore on Bonaire, there are a few ways to get a ship to sail to San Juan and most of them involve Anacleto Rui Sa Pinto. If you decline all his offers, someone else makes you an offer of a ship provided you kill someone named Sidonio Ogarrio. You can now carry out your part of the deal...

In 1814, a flintlock revolver was invented by Elisha Collier. That puts it inside our "Napoleonic" period and now there's a way to get your hands on one of them, but it won't be easy. So you have to ask yourself one thing - do you feel lucky?

Nice one!

Do you have any screenshots too?
I can throw a quick announcement on the Facebook page.

Nice, a new update!!! :cheers

Hopefully, i will get back to modding soon, because currently i am distracted by The Witcher 3 and got carried away.

boat.png :sail
By the way i think i found a POTC Easter egg in The Witcher 3

Why_rum.png :rumgone

Nice charatcter model looks like a normal girl from Santiado at this time. We miss in the game more "Mulatos" ([person] Who is the son of a person of white race and another of black race.).

Im on it.
when i copy and rename i must go directly to the files in the game copy and paste on any place or i must doing throug the program? animation view. I dont find how to copy an rename with the program.

Last edited:
Thanks, @Grey Roger! I threw a short slideshow video on Facebook to let people know about the new version. :woot

By the way i think i found a POTC Easter egg in The Witcher 3

:rumgone
Pirates and rum go together like... well... PIRATES and RUM!
But pirates without rum...? Oh dear... :cheeky

We miss in the game more "Mulatos" ([person] Who is the son of a person of white race and another of black race.).
Agreed!
Makes a lot of sense to add more of them. There are indeed too many whiteys! :rofl

I can't get sail to work in the April 18 Version. I am in the Arcade game and have Discover sail to set to 0. and the directional arrow doesn't come up. Any one have any ideas?

Time to merge the new stuff with my install. This is going to be fun XD .

Nice, my game still boots on the first try :D time to work on with my changes.
Nowadays I have 1 copy of potc which is according to the recent build and one of my own so I can easily compare between the two. Still want to make a small tool to generate a folder with all the changes between them, but haven't had time for that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back