• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

I'm having problems with the installation! I install everything normally but when I run the game it does not read the file "XINTERFACE.dll"

I just found another problem. Guadeloupe has no forts or port. I sailed in there and the town is there but the forts are missing and I could not drop anchor.
Guadeloupe-1.jpg Guadeloupe-2.jpg

Attachments

• compile.log
    59.2 KB · Views: 101
  • error.log
    816 bytes · Views: 106
  • system.log
    19.3 KB · Views: 99
Here they are!
error.log
system.log
And I do not have a compile.log!
NO compile.log? Never had that before! :shock
Anyway, that indeed looks like an installation error. Did you install only the Beta 3 update on top of an older modpack version?
That would indeed mess things up.

I just found another problem. Guadeloupe has no forts or port. I sailed in there and the town is there but the forts are missing and I could not drop anchor.
That's very much on purpose:
Code:
  . Updated Periods System:
  > Early Explorers islands historically without settlements disabled by Pieter Boelen as per an idea by Pirate_KK
This also applies to Saint Martin, Aruba and Curacao.
If you DO find any reference in the game to these islands or towns on them, I want to know about it because that would be a bug.
As it is, these islands should be missing from the Colonies Interface as well and indicate no towns on the Map right-clicking functionality.
There should also ever be any random quests going there.

Well, that right there is the rub. Ya see I got this here treasure quest to the lighthouse on Guadaloupe and sailed all around that island looking for a place to land and could not find it. :pirates :unsure

Well, that right there is the rub. Ya see I got this here treasure quest to the lighthouse on Guadaloupe and sailed all around that island looking for a place to land and could not find it. :pirates :unsure
Uh oh...this could indeed mess up some side quests related to those islands.. so any quest related to those islands should also be checked out for the right time period.

AH! Treasure Quests. Forgot about those. I'll think of how to disable the one on Guadeloupe in Early Explorers.

Uh oh...this could indeed mess up some side quests related to those islands.. so any quest related to those islands should also be checked out for the right time period.
There aren't any sidequests that use them. :no

The only side quest I can think of that uses Guadaloupe is the Bartolomeu O Portoguese side quest that starts on Cayman. That is disabled in this time period, isn't it?

I believe you, mate! That code was weird. Seemed the only way to get the full ransom was if the captain had the money on himself.
That sort-of defeats the purpose of ransoming in a town at all. And it didn't even care about being in the town; that was only necessary for RELEASING.
And then it looked at the island smuggling nation instead of the actual town nation. So... Uhm... Yeah, no wonder that didn't work very well. o_O

Anyway, I do believe I've got it, so.... :rolleyes:

Opening Post Updated: New Fix Pack Posted

And another update pack again. NOTE: If you were using the 4 Sep 2013 release or more recent, a new game is NOT enforced.
Recommended for yesterday's encounter and town/island-related changes to take effect though.

Apart from some small other fixes, the main new thing is that the Prisoned Captain Dialog is fixed.
It was thoroughly confusing and I ended up rewriting about half the file. Important to know:
- You MUST be in port to be able to ransom or release; at sea you can only threaten the captains out of a small amount of money
- You only get the FULL ransom fee in a port of their own nationality; might be dangerous to go in there though, so be careful!
- Nation friendly to them gives you 75% and neutral gives 50%. Pirates take all prisoners for 25%.

It seemed to work in the quick tests I did, but please let me know how it works for you.
Any comments would be much appreciated; it ended up taking a good lot more effort than I had hoped. :facepalm

I am impressed. Can't wait to try it.

:thumbs1

The only side quest I can think of that uses Guadaloupe is the Bartolomeu O Portoguese side quest that starts on Cayman. That is disabled in this time period, isn't it?
Availability of sidequests isn't period-dependent, just storyline-dependent. That one is only in the Standard storyline and part of the Bartolomeu storyline.

I am impressed. Can't wait to try it.
And I can't wait to hear what you think. :cheeky

Weren't a bunch of side quests added to other periods recently?
To other storylines, yes:
Code:
  . Sidequests added from Standard storyline by Don Lasagnetti
  To the following storylines: Devlin Opera, Master & Commander, The Buccaneer and Tales of a Chevalier

I'm curious..is this supposed to be happening? seadogs2_0001.jpg there are other ships duplicating infamous names. This one (jeanlaffite) I got from gov of eleuthera: ship hunting quest. at first it got me excited but looking at the gov's description about the ship its not the QAR (well clearly on my pic there.hehe):facepalm

Last edited:
on other pirate ships you mean..well, i'll be pissed if i have a ship and other captains will use my ship name. hehehe:aar well, it could be their(pirates) way of scaring others. sending a crew on the island spreading a false alarm..xD

Indeed that is part of the "random ship names" file. Of course that was from well before we ever even had a QAR.
Especially weird is when you get the pirate ship "Alabama". In the year 1501 or something. :shock

Back