• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Opening Post Updated: New Fix Pack Posted

A bunch of fixes and gameplay improvements, including some substantial changes to companion ship morale.
After installing, please press F11 to reinitialize some ship and item-related modifications.

Fixes:
- Can proceed on boarding after killing surrendered enemy captain
- Prisoner disappears properly after getting his money
- Surrendered mutinous captains don't disappear while talking to them
- Fix for taking over Speighstown: new game required to make use of this

Improved Code:
- Cannot accidentally transfer equipped item by Pirate_KK
- Additional fixes to spyglass code by Pirate_KK, including viewing of enemy ship morale
- When selling a ship, left-over crew joins your own crew if possible before going into the town crew quantity by Pirate_KK
- Morale code rewritten so that companion ships use their own captain's stats instead of trailing the player
- Differences in reputation between player and companion captain result in morale drops and possible mutinies
NOTE: Only applies if player is good and companion is bad or the other way around. So no problem if you are a Hero and have a Matey for a companion.
Effect gets pretty bad if you are a Hero and your companion is a Terror of the High Seas. That's asking for trouble!!!

________________________________________________________________________________________________
And during town capture a crew is always stuck at some weird places like this one View attachment 12650 also in columbia, martinique, puerto rico, and other towns i captured
..also..there are enemies during the town capture slashing in mid air but are actually causing damage to my crew and vice versa..its like long distance fight..xD

:D

I have found those stranded guys - should be fixed soon when I have finished the locators. :duel:

The people slashing in mid-air - is that because they are on steps or a slope so the fighters are not able to hit each other due to the animation but the game still records hits as though they are hitting each other.

:drunk

Well, I'm just going to start a new game, probably would be best with all the changes and whatnot, can't wait for the final release this weekend!

Two last items that seem to be ok for me.
1) In internalsettings.h I lowered the skills_up_bonus from 35 to 20 and we seem to be advancing at nearly the same pace now. I can't make up my mind if 20 or 25 is best, so perhaps 25 should be tried.
2) Wherever that ship tacking turn rate is located ( I have forgotten where) I changed it to 0.0015. The ships seem to be using more ammo than before and battles seem to go faster. I like it.

I have chnaged some music files but they are with different length and I got 2 tracks playing alltogether now. Any idea where is the music code located ?

PROGRAM\sound\ALIAS\music_standard.c . Perhaps also relevant is this part at the top of PROGRAM\sound\sound.c :
Code:
// DEFINES
#define MUSIC_CHANGE_TIME   3000
#define MUSIC_SILENCE_TIME   135   // silent time between music in seconds - changed from float milliseconds to int seconds - 14Feb09
#define SOUNDS_FADE_TIME   200
I'm pretty sure the game waits for one music file to finish before starting another. Not all tracks are the same lengths.
What music are you hearing at the same time then?

If it is the "victory" music or something like that, I think that might be played at the same time as other music.

I just ran into an oddity on Tortuga. First, the powder barrel and ammunition bag have not been seen in stores for a while and I want to buy some. So when I landed I went to the street merchant and he had some! But I could not buy them...... Went to the store and there were some there too, but not for sale. All other items that I checked could be bought and sold normally. It is just those two items that are stuck for some reason.

shot and powder.jpg

Attachments

• compile.log
    167.7 KB · Views: 86
  • system.log
    17.6 KB · Views: 88
looks the same as my problem with the original game back then that i can't buy ammunition but everything's good. huh? :shrug

I just ran into an oddity on Tortuga. First, the powder barrel and ammunition bag have not been seen in stores for a while and I want to buy some. So when I landed I went to the street merchant and he had some! But I could not buy them...... Went to the store and there were some there too, but not for sale. All other items that I checked could be bought and sold normally. It is just those two items that are stuck for some reason.
I've got a theory on that. Please extract attached to PROGRAM\INTERFACE . Does that "unlock" them?

Attachments

• itemstrade.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 76
I just restored the original Beta 3 version of that file without Pirate_KK's recent changes.
Apparently that had an unwanted side-effect.

Er...what? o_O seadogs2_0000.jpg (So the merchant can't actually pay me now 'cause I'm actually making him pay for nothing again and again till he has no money)

...no error.log...

Attachments

• compile.log
    12.5 KB · Views: 75
  • system.log
    26.9 KB · Views: 91
yeah, once the merchant tried to make me buy -1 items, merchants do act funny sometimes

Are you trying to sell the weapons you have equipped? Outside of the merchant not having the money to buy it I think you need to unequip them first. Have you tried Pieter's little fix yet?

That's also very odd. Might indeed be related to that same thing Hylie mentioned.
We never had it before, so returning to that old file I posted should put an end to it.

Back