• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Im using this custom character Irish and used some sharpe custom model with green uniform and black tricorn cap and brown hair. Think next version like to write some Irish rebel storyline or something. Yes i had a -2 think its some glitch and probably not fixable!!

1 Open the locatorfile with the TOOL
2 Scene\Edit scene
3 click on "Red01_l" or what it is called
4 click on the top middle button over "Move to position"
5 change that value to -100 for ex
6 press "Move to position"
7 Save Gm
8 namechange the file so the _x disappears.
If it doesn't work send it to me.
Thanks a lot; that seems to have worked quite nicely! :cheers

Well, it's pretty obvious we're going to have a release within a week or two, just my thoughts, but I think we need to simply finish the build mod. Finish the storylines, Iron out the bugs, do all that stuff after beta 3 release, besides, I'm getting anticipated for hearts of oak myself...

Opening Post Updated: New Fix Pack Posted

Main stuff fixed:
- Whatever Capture Colonies issues that were still known: Weird triangles and invulnerable Marigot are a thing of the past.
- Personal soldiers marked properly with model descriptions and portrait files.
- Assault on Bridgetown during Standard Storyline restored and tested; seems to be working with the new system now!

Nice! Thanks to everyone who helped with the CC mod!! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go conquer the whole Caribbean!

:ship:ship:ship:ship

I'll try the new update just dont want to start new game yet. I only missed the 2 newer minor updates that deal with capture colonies. Its not an older game its update to september 6th or so. It might be some odd random glitch but can negative values like -2 come up on the store goods sale interface??
Speaking of minus values... has anyone else ever noticed how the random variation in ship stats when seen through a spyglass can show strange values (e.g. >100 HP, <0 HP)?
Has this ever been addressed?

Speaking of minus values... has anyone else ever noticed how the random variation in ship stats when seen through a spyglass can show strange values (e.g. >100 HP, <0 HP)?
Has this ever been addressed?
Doesn't look like there is any code in place to prevent that. Extract attached to PROGRAM\BATTLE_INTERFACE and see if that is any better. :doff

Edit: Quick test and this seems to be working. Found a ship with near 100% hull HP and never did see the display go over that.

Attachments

• ispyglass.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Isn't that just the randomness built into the spyglass?
Exactly, but logically speaking, it doesn't make sense for the randomness to exceed the max HP or min HP, because that would be impossible.
Pieter seems to have fixed this nicely. :dance

Main stuff fixed:
- Spyglass off values prevented as per post above
- Various changes to fix errors during the Bridgetown assault; still not perfect, but does seem playable
- Modpack version DATE added to Main Menu; should have done that a LONG time ago :facepalm

The strangest thing just happened. I got my 1st treasure quest and took off to Hispaniola. The first oddity was that there was no pirate ship to greet me. Ok fine. Then went to Point Franco, furled sails and dropped anchor, then hit the icon to go ashore.
And just sat there. The ship coasted to a stop, the birds were chirping and everything was normal except I was stuck there. No buttons worked at all and I had to go to Task Manager to exit the game. Dunno what happened but thought I should mention it before trying again from my last save.

Attachments

• compile.log
    20 KB · Views: 79
  • system.log
    8.7 KB · Views: 102
Sounds similar to a report someone else once made where apparently your ship's speed makes you exit the reload locator during the anchoring procedure,
so the game doesn't know where it is reloading to anymore. :facepalm

BTW:
Code:
resource\models\characters\Woodes_Rodgers.gm: can't open geometry file
Character model 'characters\Woodes_Rodgers' not loaded
That's a bit odd; the file IS there and I know it works fine in that storyline itself.
Why was the game trying to load that model anyway? Were you doing something with it?

I got my 1st treasure quest and took off to Hispaniola. The first oddity was that there was no pirate ship to greet me.
On higher luck levels, you may be so lucky that you encounter no ship or no enemies on the shore. That is on purpose.
If you think it needs changing, let me know and I can easily do so.

I tried it again and landed fine. Dunno what happened the first time.

Dunno about Woodes Rogers. Haven't touched that.

Luck level 6 with perks. Is that considered high with at level 11? Any treasure quest involving caverns is impossible at level 11 BTW. I just got soundly whipped and will wait until after level 16 to try a treasure quest again.

Back to smuggling I go. :sail

Dunno about Woodes Rogers. Haven't touched that.
That's a bit strange. What part of the code asked for him then, I wonder....? o_O

Luck level 6 with perks. Is that considered high with at level 11?
As soon as your luck gets above 3, there is a chance of their NOT being enemies. At luck level 6, there would be a 50/50 percent chance at resistance.
This is how it goes:
Level 1-3: 100% chance
Level 4: 75% chance
Level 10: 30% chance

Note that the ship and the enemies ashore are separate, so you can encounter one, the other or both.

Any treasure quest involving caverns is impossible at level 11 BTW. I just got soundly whipped and will wait until after level 16 to try a treasure quest again.
Uh? Why would it being in a cavern make any difference???

Also, have you got any clue what is making the fights relatively harder until after level 16?
The skill progression has been taken care of as far as I'm aware.o_O

Ahoy,

I can not get the game to run. I am still getting the runtime error. I installed the last update and got the runtime error. Then I reinstalled the beta three full over the game and I got the runtime error, then I tried to use the new installer in the same folder with beta three full and the update in a new folder per the instructions and I got " can't find readme be sure to install the original POTC game by Akella".

Attachments

• error.log
    83 bytes · Views: 117
I am mystified. We are all getting the same files from the same source. Let's try pics to see if any errors are found.
Beta3-1.jpg Here is how I have it laid out. You can see the POTC installs are outside of program files and the Beta 3 installer folder is in Downloads.

Beta3-2.jpg Here is what is in the Beta3 installer folder. Note the dates of the files. As Pieter releases updates the old files are replaced, then I click on the EXE and follow directions to install the updates.

Uh? Why would it being in a cavern make any difference???

Also, have you got any clue what is making the fights relatively harder until after level 16?
The skill progression has been taken care of as far as I'm aware.o_O

Mostly that is just me venting. Remember that these quests were designed back when POTC was an easy arcade game. It's a wee bit different now and one needs officers with melee skills of 6 at the very minimum and a lot of luck to survive those close quarters fights. Plus fighting gets more difficult in the level 9-15 range anyway. This may just be me not fighting enough to advance fast enough to keep up with the opponents. Then one gets the Golden Cuirass and then have a level playing field again. That is why I usually wait until after I get that before trying any quests.

I can not get the game to run. I am still getting the runtime error. I installed the last update and got the runtime error. Then I reinstalled the beta three full over the game and I got the runtime error, then I tried to use the new installer in the same folder with beta three full and the update in a new folder per the instructions and I got " can't find readme be sure to install the original POTC game by Akella".
Somehow you've got the same error as before:
Code:
COMPILE ERROR - file: sea_ai\sea.c; line: 13
can't load file: sea_ai\BOAL_Deck.c
That proves the latest update files are not making their way into your game folder for some strange reason.

When you get that "cannot find ReadMe" problem, you DID point it to your original PotC installation folder, right?
And that does have a "readme.txt" there, right? It should do. o_O

Now here's an important question!
When is the last time you saw OFFICERS during BOARDING? I can't make them appear in Beta 3 and when I tested in Beta 2.5 they were also not there.
We DID have them at some point. So how long ago was that? And what the crapperdecrap happened to them!?! :shock

New INSTALLER EXE too!
This takes care of the missing texture files mentioned below without increasing download size.

Only some small things changed:
- Missing textures during Cartagena town assault and weird effects in that town
- Cannot sleep at Bonaire Pirate tavern outside Standard storyline

Back