• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

BUILD 14 BETA 3.1 Polish translation

Are you saying ń displays as ñ?
Yeah, just right and now I really dunno what to do.
P.S. Have you checked my archive, perhaps?
P.S. How were you able to write a Polish letter, was it showing properly at all on your computer?

I'm not familiar with the fonts system and I don't really have the time to figure it out; have too much to do as it is.
Perhaps Baste can help you? Send him a PM. I know he has done at least some work with fonts recently.

Can you somehow provide me with that scroll template used on loading screens, so I could apply it to Gimp. Which format is it in?

I have been contacted by Fjx and I have agreed to try to help with this.

Fjx, upload the files we talked about in PM here and I'll see what I can do. :)

Ok, here you go. But I can't upload tx files.

Attachments

• fonts.ini
    14.8 KB · Views: 105
  • dialogs font normal.tga
    512 KB · Views: 110
Don't download that one tga. Here you have whole textures/fonts folder in 7z format

Attachments

• FONTS.7z
    461.3 KB · Views: 86
Thank you. Do you know how long will it take, by the way? But I have plenty of time, no need to hurry up. I think my translation will take about a year from now, maybe less.

Okay, I have been working with this during the past days and I have both good findings and bad findings.

The good findings are that every needed character already is included in the build's font files. This means that it seems that no texture file needs to be modified, with possible exception for the title font which was recently changed to the one in the English-language European version.

The bad findings are that I cannot get the Polish characters to display correctly in the game. I can't type them in the game, and if I type the characters in for example a dialogue file they won't show correctly in the game.

I can't tell if the texture coordinates are correct or not in the fonts_euro file, and I don't know of a good way to properly find them. It seems KK is the one who added the fonts and the coordinates, so it would be helpful if he could explain how to properly work with the fonts.

Apparently the build has support for other languages, so how do I set it to another language? It should be okay if it uses the same font file since all characters are included. If I set it to Polish it might help.

Until I know how to properly work with the fonts I don't think there's much I can do, unfortunately. :shrug

I know for certain that the fonts file is NOT set up correctly.
That's why something like "São Jorge" has to be typed as "SÝo Jorge" to display properly in the game.
I was looking into this the other day and it seems it is all just plain messed up with those added characters.

well, when it comes to dialogues, i believe i might be able to help, sadly my spare time nowadays is very limited;

but if you could send me a portion of any text/dialogue, i'll make sure to get down to it as soon as i can and send it back, so you can check whether it's good enough or not

flamez66@gmail.com

and, oh a little edit, just wanted to say hi and to thank all the people involved in Build and its making; my account here is quite new, but i'm pretty much acquainted with piratesahoy, as i've been visiting site and forum for few years now (just as playing POTC and the first Sea Dogs thing back in the days)

Welcome to the forum, mate!

I'd recommend sending a PM to fjx . For some reason, he cannot post on the forum, but I think PMs do still work for him.

Apparently the build has support for other languages, so how do I set it to another language? It should be okay if it uses the same font file since all characters are included. If I set it to Polish it might help.
Pieter sent me some files earlier in this thread. They allowed to switch languages as I reckon. Maybe you can try them.

Back