• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

BUILD 14 BETA 3.1 Polish translation

I just found some Alpha 9 based French, Russian and POLISH translation files. I can upload them if you need them.
With these you will find that immediately the "Language" button in the Options Menu becomes active.
So then all you need to do is update the content. But at least the support appears to still be working. :doff

Whole Build in Polish?! Instantly?! Please, send it to me as quick as ye can! Great thanks!:monkeydance:):D:dance:onya
And updating the content shouldn't be as much problem.
P.S. Can you post it today or tomorrow, cause I'll probably be out of internet for over a week.
P.S.2 And who translated it before?:shock

Well, it's not exactly up-to-date: it's three years old. But it might give you something to start from. :doff
Anyway, uploading right now. Half an hour to go...

The Polish stuff was done by Pirate_KK.

When I try to install it on my game, it says: "archive is not supported" and i cannot open it with WinRar.

keep in mind these files are HEAVILY outdated ! they can only show you how to work a bit but will never replace anything in the lastest version

When I try to install it on my game, it says: "archive is not supported" and i cannot open it with WinRar.
Looks like the upload failed instead of finishing. Trying again.

Well, thanks, but, to be honest, it looks worse than I could even imagine:
- dialogs got messed up very badly
- some more Polish letters are shown properly:onya, but others just disappeared
- there are lots of empty buttons
- text has disappeared from storylines descriptions, only in Hawk storyline there's a phrase "To jest opis" ("This is description")
- in dialogs only swears and greetings are in my language, that's quite... unusual
- in the change language menu I once noticed a phrase in English "Captives can be released by passengers menu" or something like that, there's more: in the same menu, when I choose Polish, there are some interesting inscriptions on buttons: on the "OK" button there's written "light frigate" in Polish, and on "cancel" there's "pirate corvette"... well, is it supposed to be like that? (I had a dilemma what to choose)
- all items are named by IDs, not by names

But Pieter, the things I've seen there...:8q:shocko_O How could even something like that happen (e.g. that buttons). I don't think this is cased by outdating. But you're right, it's still something (most of interface is translated).

yes but be sure there is same numbers of buttons ! because some were modified in current version (2.5) need to verify

The one where you get ship names on buttons is an interesting one, yes. :rofl
But I do think it is all caused by being outdated, unfinished and mostly incompatible.

:facepalm My progress went backwards a bit cause I've installed Beta 2.5 without copying my loading screens (text files are safe) and now I have to make most of loadings again.
And I just had a thought about the voice-overs (or how you call it). I wasn't planning to make dubbing, but I noticed that some dialogs are in audio form: during fights, in towns, but mainly in Woodes Rogers storyline. I haven't thought about common talking greetings. What should I do, maybe make subtitles somehow?
P.S. Thanks for that WIP in my thread. Maybe when I'll finish, I could get a badge, Build translator or something...:oops:

I don't think any of the spoken words are important for understanding the storylines. Not sure about Woodes Rogers, but I don't think so.

The POLISH FONTS ARE WORKING!!!
But the text disappeared from some buttons (e.g. in main menu) and if I talk to anyone, I get a CTD.
NEVERMIND, THEY ARE WORKING!!!:dance
I'VE DONE IT!!!:cheers
ON MY OWN!!!:D

Back