• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Beta 1

wow, nice, we make some of the best mods here at piratesahoy, and I'll try it

Rank 23 of 15,511 for as long as it lasts. Hopefully we manage to creep up a bit still! :wp

It's always nice to watch our popularity soar for a while. It's reassuring to know that so many people still follow our progress! :dance

Yeah, also, one thing that would be FANTASTIC if we could fix it up even just a little before beta 2 is the capture towns mod, I like it so much, but it's so bugged...

Agreed, we really must sort that one out. It's a major bug for some people, so we can't have it plaguing Beta 2.

Yep, we need to consult pirate_kk though since he made the mod so we can get his help, the capture towns and the GA are the only real bugs anymore...

Rank 2 of 15,512; I don't think I've ever seen THAT before! :shock
And we've made it into the ModDB main banner thingey too; always a good thing. :woot

Capture Colonies should be a bit better since Talisman fixed the town capture boarding locators, but it isn't fixed yet.
I've been talking to Pirate_KK; all I want him to finish up is that and the Customize Character interface he's been working on. :facepalm

I've just counted the number of times Build 14 Beta 1 Full has been downloaded in total. I get to 30.940 - no that's not a typo, it really is almost 31 thousand times! :shock

Rank 2 of 15,512; I don't think I've ever seen THAT before! :shock
Wow! It seems we're really making a mark with every new release!
Who knows, Beta 2 might be our chance at the number 1 spot... :dance

I've just counted the number of times Build 14 Beta 1 Full has been downloaded in total. I get to 30.940 - no that's not a typo, it really is almost 31 thousand times! :shock
Not bad for an eight-year-old game, eh? Especially considering we're NOT a 1st/3rd person shooter like the most popular mods! :woot

Funny thing is, it looks like a typo to me, because I'm used to seeing commas to separate thousands, not full-stops, being that I'm not on the continent.

I want to try patch 7, but I'm currently at patch 5. What is the best way to get 7 installed?
Patch 6 light seems to be no longer available for download.

Might be best to get Patch 7 Full, and make a new install to replace your old one.
You'll have to start a new game no matter what, and this will be the cleanest method of installing it.

Ahoy,

Now that the option to set the characters start level is no longer in the options, where does one do that?

Methinks that has been moved to "internalsettings.h".

EDIT: Here is the thread where the options are discussed. http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17561-cleaning-up-the-advanced-options/

Some things can be done with "cheatmode".

I want to try patch 7, but I'm currently at patch 5. What is the best way to get 7 installed?
Patch 6 light seems to be no longer available for download.
We've still got it for now; I just removed the links. Right here if you want it:
http://www.pyratesahoy.com/build/b14_beta1_patch6_light.exe

Wow! It seems we're really making a mark with every new release!
Who knows, Beta 2 might be our chance at the number 1 spot... :dance
The number 1 spot sounds REALLY hard to get. But then I never did imagine reaching #2 either, so who knows?

Not bad for an eight-year-old game, eh? Especially considering we're NOT a 1st/3rd person shooter like the most popular mods! :woot
Not bad at all. Especially considering it's also not a 3D RTS game, such as Star Wars: Empire at War or the Total War series, which had their mods on the #3, 4 and 5 spots. In other words: BELOW us! :cheeky

We also got an additional 9 people following us on the ModDB when compared to this morning. That's always a good thing, since they get to see anything we post to our profile.
More interested people is always good. :woot

Funny thing is, it looks like a typo to me, because I'm used to seeing commas to separate thousands, not full-stops, being that I'm not on the continent.
It makes more sense though; it saves ink when writing lots of big numbers! :razz

Now that the option to set the characters start level is no longer in the options, where does one do that?
Hey Jason, good to see you! Nice timing too! :woot
You can do character level-ups with the cheatmode, so I figured we don't need an additional option for it as well. I vaguely recall that option not working right anyway. :facepalm

The number 1 spot sounds REALLY hard to get. But then I never did imagine reaching #2 either, so who knows?
Consider that we've also only just started proper Facebook and Twitter profiles for PA, so if anything our popularity should grow nicely before Beta 2... :dance

Let's hope those two will help. For now, I've got the faint impression that it doesn't. Not yet anyway. Though some more SUPPORT as I ASKED FOR would help.
I'm not specifically referring to you here, but am a bit disappointed that nobody stepped up yet. :facepalm

Good to be here again. Thanks. I will have sometime to do some testing. I have already noticed that many of the random vendors have only a blanks to sell.

Just starting patch 7. It looks really great. Lots of new blades. :onya On the recalibrated economics, the blades and firearms seem ok but the armor seems to be priced at old levels. If a fine Bosuns choice is less than 1000 and silver or gold armor is 10-20 thousand something seem out of whack. In all the recent versions armor costs less than than really good blades.

Back