• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Beta 1

Legendary_Spider, did you eventually decide to work on a trailer?
I think it would be a good idea to include in the trailer the Bartolomeu storyline Puerto La Cruz fort invasion, with the Mission Impossible music.

i happen to have a full version of fraps and an AVI converter, so i could record some stuff if you want.

:gday

True! Although you might want to read this thread. http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17627-water-issue/

Ahoy and welcome, mate! :gday

Yes, B14 Beta 1 Full can be installed straight on top of the stock game. You'll also need Patch 6 Full to get the most up-to-date Build version.

Attached file should go in PROGRAM\BATTLE_INTERFACE .
It should let you appear on the jetty of the port when fast traveling in all stock game based towns, including the retextures and remodels.
Before, this only worked in the actual stock game towns. Let me know if this works properly.

Also, is it just me or do some towns not offer fast travel to the port???

some towns don't offer fast travel to port because it doesn't do that if you don't have a ship there.

AH! That might be the reason, yes. I think I used a QuestReloadToLocation to test, but failed to include the line to set my ship there too.
In any case, please test my file and see if you find it works better. :)

i'm not testing any more files than the ones i have at the moment, since the new patch is nearing it's release date, more or less. i'd rather wait until i can install the whole batch at once to avoid cluttered mistakes.

New patch nearing release date? WHAT? It won't be released for another four months, unless somebody else makes one.
Actually, Armada would be welcome to include all the files I posted in random spots on the forum in an upcoming Ship Pack.
I could even check with Patch 6 and compile all my updates together.

Can you read minds? I was planning a ship pack fairly soon anyway. xD:
I'm hoping to include a few texture updates, plus pgargon's ships and the slightly over-hyped HMS Surprise, among other things.
If you could compile all your files, that would be most helpful for me to include them.

This file contains nearly all of my stuff: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17561-cleaning-up-the-advanced-options/page__view__findpost__p__397831
Not sure if it's everything and the "empty sea" textures aren't in there for sure. But other than that, it should cover the main parts.

My attempts to post my Simplified Settings code keep failing, so I compiled ALL files in my game version that are different from Patch 6.
Hopefully now it WILL work. AT LAST! It basically constitutes a full additional patch with some up-for-debate Simplified Settings code included.
Please try this and provide feedback!

Note to Morgan Terror: It seems Bartolomeu fixed the Falchion confusion; please check.

http://www.pyratesahoy.com/build/b14_beta1_patch7_wip.exe [about 5 MB]
To be installed on top of a properly working Patch 6!
Here's the full feature list:
HTML:
Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 7 WIP:
- Simplified Advanced Options menu by Pieter Boelen
Several options removed, the rest reordered and categorized. Final version up for debate [WIP: Comments appreciated!]
- Code Updates:
. Updated and fixed Rumours by Morgan Terror
. [L] button also toggles the Date & Time Display at the top of the screen by Pieter Boelen
. Reload to jetty in port on Fast Travel in all stock game based towns by Pieter Boelen
. No more random characters in tavern rooms by Pieter Boelen
. Aruba and Hispaniola tavern rooms fixed by Captain Maggee
. SHIP_INTERFACE_SCREENSHOTS toggle added to ships_init.c by Pieter Boelen [WIP: Option to be moved to InternalSettings/Advanced Options]
. Wind strength log removed except in ports, on shores and the player ship deck or at sea when you don't have a compass by Pieter Boelen
. Stuck on boarding bug fixed by Talisman
. Additional weapons added from Russian Mod for Period Weapons mod by Bartolomeu o Portugues
- Storyline updates:
. Padre Domingues quest fix by Captain Maggee
. Bartolomeu storyline custom start screen restored by Pieter Boelen
. Assassin storyline Period Weapons set by Bartolomeu o Portugues
. Bartolomeu storyline Period Weapons set by Bartolomeu o Portugues
. Standard storyline Period Weapons set by Bartolomeu o Portugues
. Teague Sparrow renamed to Edward Teague as per his actual name by Pieter Boelen
- Ship Model Updates:
. Barque1, Brig3, Hooker1, SloopofWar_50 and SP_Pinnace50 rigging improved by Hylie Pistoff

There is nothing wrong with your Simplified Settings V2 or this Patch 7 WIP. :bow

The problem is on my end, and not trying to start a new game first. :facepalm

I have installed both of them in different installs and both work perfectly as long as you think to start a new game. If you try to continue a saved game like I did POTC will crash. :j3

A bit late on that warning Hylie Pistoff! ;) (i'm sure Pieter was having a fun time!) :D

I hadn't tried the new file(v2) yet as i was adding 'tears' to the damaged sails file yesterday :)

you didn't add my improved item names and discriptions?

oh, and it seems my improved rumors are almost always drowned out by the other rumors the game can select from. i've only seen one of my rumors appear so far.

and a new game again? i was just finally getting somewhere in that thing.

Morgan Terror: Your names and descriptions are in there. I noticed them last night.

Methinks I'll drop everything and just work on the luggers. They are still messed up.

Eerr. Uumm. You are probably right. You did that after Pieter sailed off didn't you?

Back