• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Beta 1

Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 6 Light and Full are now available from the ModDB and the forum's Downloads section; the posts with download links have been updated accordingly.

If I can, I want to release Build 14 Beta 2 in two weeks or so; I'm intending to do some of the ship cleanup and options cleanup so that it'll end up a bit smaller and less confusing.

Seems a bit early for Beta 2, seeing as Patch 6 has only just been finished, don't you think?
Besides, I'm a little doubtful that we'll be ready in two weeks' time. :?

Anyway, I've just realised: does Patch 6 include all the Xmas pack content? I think I've seen most of it on the list, but I can't remember what's meant to be there.

Wasn't the Christmas Ship Pack content already in Patch 5? In any case, it's definitely in Patch 6 even if it didn't make it onto the feature list properly.
If you notice anything wrong with the list, let me know and I'll update it for the next release.

I'll probably be going to sea in just over 2 weeks and I was thinking it might be nice to have a full installer done before that.
I don't intend Beta 2 to be quite perfect; I just want it to contain the current content with cleaned up ships and options.
And ideally, all Pgargon's ships included too.

Quite possibly things will get a bit messed up by cleaning up, so then you'll have four months to test it and then we can release the corrected Beta 3 when I get back again.
That's what I was thinking anyway...

Patch 5 came before the Xmas Pack, which is why I asked. As long as everything is now included, that's fine. :yes

I somehow thought you were going away again soon. In that case, Beta 2 does make sense this early.
As long as someone keeps reminding me, I'll sort out pgargon's ships pretty soon. Looking forward to finally cleaning things up, too! :dance

It'll probably be Beta 2 in two weeks or in five months or so. If we decide to do it later, I'll have more time to carefully clean up while at sea, but that means the testing will be delayed also.
Oh well; we'll see what happens. :shrug

Well, if we heavily promote the clean-up for Beta 2, and get as many people contributing as possible, perhaps we could meet the two-week deadline.
It would just take a lot of dedication and productivity, but we're capable of that, aren't we? :cheers

One problem we do have is a lot of people are in exams at the moment... In a week we should have more people with free time (hopefully)

I only have two more exams myself, but of course others still have many to go. Not long until the Summer holidays for most people, though! :cheeky

Random thought about Beta 2: what are we going to do with the 'About Build' section in the Main Menu? It's now very much out of date. :facepalm

I don't intend to do anything with it, but I'm hoping at some point somebody else will...

The main problem with the 'About Build' section is that it's SO out of date, that there's a LOT of catch-up work to be done on adding the content documentation.
Then there's also the Credits, as well. The whole thing will be a big task, but I think a good way of going about it would be to use all the Patch content lists.
Maybe we could use most parts of Build Info.txt as a start... and by the way, which year have we been in for some time now, Pieter...? Because the current "Build Version" is set to "Monday 6 June 2010"... xD:

Whatever happens, we'll probably need a new topic for this section, to allow people who are interested to start working on it.

Maybe we could use most parts of Build Info.txt as a start... and by the way, which year have we been in for some time now, Pieter...? Because the current "Build Version" is set to "Monday 6 June 2010"... xD:
WHAHAHA! I updated the date, but not the year. Silly me. :facepalm

Request to Everybody Playing
While playing, please make occasional screenshots of things that stand out to you as being cool or something that people might not have seen before, then post them on our ModDB Profile: http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/images
It seems that just posting the occasional image there helps quite a bit in keeping our work in the picture.

the links for the music packs don't work, at least for me. Is this happening with annyone else?

I have fixed the links, but I think the files on the FTP are outdated; I'll try to remember to upload the correct ones tomorrow.

Next time I start a new game I'm gonna install patch 6 on top of my 5, but I'm not done yet with my current save.

But that mod from irrational seems awesome! I'm sick and tired of AI ships that I am trying to catch sailing into the wind (It's no fun when it is that easy).

Is there any code with just that improvement which I could stick somewhere in my patch 5 folders? Hats off to you all if that be true.

:gday

Aye! It be here. http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17211-ai-sailing-into-the-wind/ Post #44. You would be wantin the simple one. :beer

Yep yesterday we were ranked in the top 20 (out of over 14,000) mods and apparantly patch 5 had an average of over 19 downloads a day just because it had pictures and videos being posted so keep it up guys :cheeky

EDIT: make that top 5!!!

Back