• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Alpha 9

Ummm not just that problem...
-in the story line of jack sparrow William Neals dialog can't found (also there are no dialogs wit more chars but i juz remember of Will's dialog)
-then after i talk with gibbs (everytime) there is an loading screen appairs and no more blank black screen and i stucked (i can use menus but i cant move and continue in game)
William Neal :mm Who is William Neal?

You do talk to Gibbs a lot of the course of the quest so I will need some more information ;)
By the way i want to improve that game too or try to fix problems (i'm not so good at c programming but i belive i can XD) but i'm slothful & lazy about research on all files at least i don't have the energy for that, if any modder or programmer has notes about files may i take it? Could s/he attach here or send me via mail? Thank you already now and 've nice gamming/working ummm may be sleeping?! :?
Well I myself don't have notes xD:

What I suggest is you look at the code and see how it works (also the tutorials are good for this as well)
I hope you get into bugtesting as there is just to little of us to really play through the game to make sure it works PERFECTLY (I havn't played the start of Jack Sparrow for 3 or 4 months and I am the code writer for it :?)

I think William Neal is a Tortuga citizen who appears in the Standard & Assassin storylines :mm not sure if he appears in other storylines :eek:k

The name appears in Program\Characters\init\Hispaniola.c

also:- Resource\ini\Texts\English\Character_names.txt

and :- Resource\ini\Texts\English\Storyline\Assassin\Character_names.txt

and:- Resource\ini\Texts\English\Storyline\Standard\Character_names.txt

I think he should have a dialog.c file (as per Hispaniola.c ) but I could not find one. :?

-then after i talk with gibbs (everytime) there is an loading screen appairs and no more blank black screen and i stucked (i can use menus but i cant move and continue in game)
It's not a problem with Mr. Gibbs savvy xD:

It is a problem with the location, I did get the same black screen and know how to fix it (testing now to make sure ;))

Fixed ;)

What you need to do is
- RESOURCE/MODELS/Locations/Town_FalaiseDeFleur/port2
- Change the name of ffport02_l_x to ffport02_l (will need to overwrite current ;))

every time i start the new horizons quest, after the dialog with malcolm is done, the game freezes
I have that sometimes, but not always. VERY annoying. :modding

when I go into the relations tab, the flags all seem to be messed up, is there a way to fix that, did I install it incorrectly perhaps?
That does sound like an erroneous install.
Oh... and welcome back too. I still love the Amsterdam! :woot

:gday

Something is broken in the Port at Grand Cayman, every time you try to go there, whether you sail or walk you crash to a black screen. I have made several tries from all possible directions. Somethin in the locations files?

Also while playing the development flag mod I noitced that the penants on the Nathaniel's smaller personal ships are the black priate flag while the flag itself was the red and white flag with a Hawk shouldn't they all be the same? And did Nathaniel's personal flag change in patch 3?

:gday

Something is broken in the Port at Grand Cayman, every time you try to go there, whether you sail or walk you crash to a black screen. I have made several tries from all possible directions. Somethin in the locations files?

Also while playing the development flag mod I noitced that the penants on the Nathaniel's smaller personal ships are the black priate flag while the flag itself was the red and white flag with a Hawk shouldn't they all be the same? And did Nathaniel's personal flag change in patch 3?
The pennant flag is Jack Sparrow's ;) (Not sure about main flag)

Look 2 replies above your post and you will see how to fix Grand Cayman port (tell me if you have the file and if not I will upload the proper file ;))

Ummm not just that problem...
-in the story line of jack sparrow William Neals dialog can't found (also there are no dialogs wit more chars but i juz remember of Will's dialog)

You do talk to Gibbs a lot of the course of the quest so I will need some more information ;)
i meand the first talk
By the way i want to improve.......
Well I myself don't have notes xD:

What I suggest is you look at the code and see how it works (also the tutorials are good for this as well)
I hope you get into bugtesting as there is just to little of us to really play through the game to make sure it works PERFECTLY (I havn't played the start of Jack Sparrow for 3 or 4 months and I am the code writer for it :? )
Ummm Tutorials? where i need to start? Sorry!

I think William Neal is a Tortuga citizen who appears in the Standard & Assassin storylines :mm not sure if he appears in other storylines :eek:k
Yeah William Neal is a Tortuga citizen, and appears Sparrows story line @ the middle of tortuga.. :D

The name appears in Program\Characters\init\Hispaniola.c

also:- Resource\ini\Texts\English\Character_names.txt

and :- Resource\ini\Texts\English\Storyline\Assassin\Character_names.txt

and:- Resource\ini\Texts\English\Storyline\Standard\Character_names.txt

I think he should have a dialog.c file (as per Hispaniola.c ) but I could not find one. :?
so i think too but i don't know the whole story so i can't replace a file instead of that char.

It's not a problem with Mr. Gibbs savvy xD:
lol yeah he is everytime he explains same things to me and he didn't get bored =)
It is a problem with the location, I did get the same black screen and know how to fix it (testing now to make sure ;) )

Fixed ;)

What you need to do is
- RESOURCE/MODELS/Locations/Town_FalaiseDeFleur/port2
- Change the name of ffport02_l_x to ffport02_l (will need to overwrite current ;) )
unfortunately i don't need to "Change the name of ffport02_l_x to ffport02_l" coz it's already ffport02_l there is no ffport02_l_x.gm file
More menu bugs =)
-in the adv. opt. menu's Restricted ship classes first chooice is blank/missing
-Boarder model menu's instruction/info part is inexact [Smth like "" !);]
i want to remind to Captain Maggee where i need to start? where can i find that tut's? Sorry about deficient research!
Tools And Tutorials

Just extract the file to your main Pirates of the Caribbean directory and allow to overwrite (it is one file) if that is what you meant

This file works for me :yes

hello,
i have installed potc build 14 alpha 9.5 patch 3 and i have a problem with the jack sparrow storyline. i have the black pearl back after killing barbossa and i jumped from the fort of port royale. now i have the black pearl and pieter boelen says i have to sail for tortuga and ask around to play the storyline further. i have sailed to tortuga nd have spoken to everybody but no one can help me to continue the storyline and there is a william neal and he can't load his dialog. do i need william neal to finish the storyline or can somebody tell me what to do now?? i'm going crazy by searching around in tortuga and i can't find anything to finish the storyline!

The person you are looking for is Thomas Tipman... However the part of the storyline you are up to is a WIP and is actually straight out of New Horizon's xD:

I am going to be changing it around soon though ;)

So if you want to try look for Tipman on Tortuga

The person you are looking for is Thomas Tipman... However the part of the storyline you are up to is a WIP and is actually straight out of New Horizon's xD:

ok thanks i will look for thomas tipman

i have searched tortuga port and town for thomas tipman but i can't find him. i have only found a thomas terever(i'm not sure about the last name) abnd he told me that the admiral from a island has lost his son.
where is thomas tipman supossed to be? i can't find him anywhere!

hi there i just got back from vacation and i saw patch 3 was out great job :onya

i have an idea on how to get rid of that issue in new horisons where you can't get past the fort.

remember danielle asking you if you would prefer to go by land?
well perhaps you should be able to do that and fight the enemy in the outskirts or something.
if its possible it would be great i think. though i gues you can't control the city that way.

or perhaps something like clement is resued by danniele while you take the fort and meet them in the townhall or something like that.

Back