• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Alpha 9

Oooh... No, I haven't. Or, at least I don't think I have (went on a random button-pressing spree on a chest...) >.> I'll try it out, and will let you know. xDDD Will most likely work, probably. xDD Now I feel dumb. :(

*Edit* Yeppp! Worked... >.> Thank you! :DDDD
xD

Sorry for bothering. xD

Build 14 Alpha 9.5 Patch 3 Available!
Over three years in the making and thought to be impossible, the Different Flags mod is finally here!
You'l get to see period-correct flags and pennants on all ships and distinguish between navy and merchant ships.

Additional patch content consists of a "discover shores" mod in Realistic Sailing Mode,
as well as the removal of useless Sail To options (eg. friendly forts and hostile ports).
There's also an additional part for the Assassin quest and many more fixes to Hornblower and Jack Sparrow.
For a full feature list, see below.

Download (250 MB)

Installation:
1) Install Build 14 Alpha 9.5 as per the instructions
2) Install Build 14 Alpha 9.5 Patch 3
3) Run RunMe.bat

Includes:
HTML:
- Different Flags Mod:
. Mod by Pirate_KK, fixes by Screwface
. Interface and flag work by Thomas the Terror [WIP]
. Pennant work by Captain Maggee and Pieter Boelen
- Code updates:
. Sail To locations appear only after you've 'discovered' them in Realistic Sailing Mode by Screwface
Sail To disabled for friendly forts and hostile ports
Per an original idea by a simple virtual sailor
. Purpose restored for Select Storyline player type selection
. Pre-set player type and nationality in Select Storyline interface
. Deck black screen bug fixed
. Missed 'officerprice' attribute error messages fixed
. 'No Rebirth Enabled' bug for crewmembers ashore fixed by a simple virtual sailor
. Assassin storyline missing generic questtext files added by Bartolomeu o Portugues
. Tortuga governor dialog fixed by Bartolomeu o Portugues
. Battle Rocks renamed to Petit Tabac and reloads to shore fixed
. Error messages on islands with no towns fixed
- Quest updates:
. Assassin Storyline Part IV added by Bartolomeu o Portugues - jump-start code included in "PROGRAM\console.c"
. Hornblower storyline location and locator fixes by Short Jack Gold
. Silver Train quest enabled manual reload to Petit Tabac shore
- Jack Sparrow Quest Updates by Captain Maggee and Talisman:
. Heavy fog after encounter with Davy Jones fixed
. Capitaine Chevalle, Eduardo Villanueva, Sao Feng, Gentleman Jocard and Lucas quest fixes
- Location updates:
. Jungle Church Location added for Dead Man's Chest quest by Jack Rackham
. New Cave Ship location replaces the hideout on Cozumel by SuperDurnius
. Isla Mona island added for Assassin storyline: land locations by Bartolomeu o Portugues
. Curacao Village locations and characters added by Bartolomeu o Portugues
. No more navy officers in Antigua port before Colonial Powers period
. Turks and Tortuga governors fixed
- Ship updates:
. Crew on deck added for several ships that were missing them but should have had them
. Sloop_Cutter1_18 renamed to Cutter3_18 and re-rigged as per the other cutters
- Item updates:
. Mercenary pistol added by Bartolomeu o Portugues
- Experimental Mods:
. New Officer System by a simple virtual sailor; more information in "buildinfo\New Officer System.txt"
. Random Sailing Ships in Port Scene Mod

Indeed! And it seems to work too and Screwface has been able to tackle pretty much all crashes and problems
(pending further testing, of course) and Thomas the Terror did some really good art for the flags and such.
This is going to add SO much to the historical feel of the game.
So three cheers to Pirate_KK, Screwface, Thomas the Terror and Captain Maggee!!! :dance

The ModDB has been VERY quick with authorizing the Alpha 9.5 Patch 3 download; it's already available! :woot

And a special cheers to Pieter who has been a precious help to fix the different flags mod by giving reports, clues and good ideas to succeed to fix all problems, all this besides his own works, rework ship models, merge the different modders things,... and i certainly forget a lot of things he did :bow

:cheers

bashful.jpg

What happens to Alpha 9.5 Patch 2? You ignore it. All Patch 2 content is included in Patch 3.
Refer to the installation instructions and you should be good. :doff

Hell yeah! Amazing! =) Really incradible! hahaha Thx 4 all modders!
BTW does anyone knows if i repack whole game with Build 14 Alpha 9 patch 3 with one of install maker (WinInstaller, QSetup, etc.) is there any error occures? (coz one of my friend coulde'nt success to install mods, so i wanna make easy installer for him)

As long as you include all files, there should be no problem.
I'm actually planning on making a full installer some time soon,
but I'm not entirely sure when that would be and how 'full' it would be.

What's going wrong with the installer file we've got then?
They're just self-extracting EXE files. :shrug

Uhm... I have yet to decide. I might do an Alpha 10 installer for on top of B13. :shrug

As long as you include all files, there should be no problem.
I'm actually planning on making a full installer some time soon,
but I'm not entirely sure when that would be and how 'full' it would be.

What's going wrong with the installer file we've got then?
They're just self-extracting EXE files. :shrug
Nothing wrong 4 me =) my friend can't do it he is noob on pc :D he can juz gamming no more.. :D

marbatico said:
every time i start the new horizons quest, after the dialog with malcolm is done, the game freezes
Yup same prob. With me!!

Wow, its been a really long time since I've played this game, I just tried out Build 14 and it is unbelieveable!!!! You all have done so much work on this game and made so many great improvements! I do have a few questions though, when I go into the relations tab, the flags all seem to be messed up, is there a way to fix that, did I install it incorrectly perhaps? Also, when I tried to change it back to the original radar (so I could see the wind direction), the game froze on me and CTD. Other than those, great job!!!

Yup same prob. With me!!
Ummm not just that problem...
-in the story line of jack sparrow William Neals dialog can't found (also there are no dialogs wit more chars but i juz remember of Will's dialog)
-then after i talk with gibbs (everytime) there is an loading screen appairs and no more blank black screen and i stucked (i can use menus but i cant move and continue in game)
-in the options menu there is lot's of error's some kind of coding errors (for ex: SmWhere in adv. options at the instruction/info part there are missing words in quotes next to quotes there is characters like "!);")
-in character menu under ship tab when i select cannons engine has crashes!
there is lot's of more at least i coulden't play anyway i like, so in my opinion that build is not so playable ;)
i'm sleepless for about 20 hrs and i'm testing the build for about 16 hrs now it has just entered my head & i took my pen and a piece of paper i'll take notes about bugs till blackout =) so i'll write here when i collect enough.
By the way i want to improve that game too or try to fix problems (i'm not so good at c programming but i belive i can XD) but i'm slothful & lazy about research on all files at least i don't have the energy for that, if any modder or programmer has notes about files may i take it? Could s/he attach here or send me via mail? Thank you already now and 've nice gamming/working ummm may be sleeping?! :?

Back