• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Blueprints

Thanks Thagarr!
right so to get to the plans: got to ftp commander->find 'Captain Armstrong' folder->download the plans. Note: the plans are in halves, but are grouped together and labelled(first 2 are of an 80 gun american SotL of 1799, second set of 2 are of the Uss congress, third set of 2 are of the Uss United States, and the last 2 are of the Uss pennsylvania)

I also just added another folder 'misc ship plans' which has some other things i had on my computer that might be interesting
--3.jpg- someone else's uss president 3d drawing, great reference for looks of the ship
--cyane.jpg- plan of a small british frigate captured by uss constitution in the war of 1812
--wvolage.. files- plan of a 18 gun 1798 french privateer
--floyd24 002- plan of a proposed american 24 gun sloop of war in 1825... to carry long 24 pdrs! the ship would have been huge for its class, bigger than the hms surprise! :will

Wow! You really are the man with the plans! haha
bow.gif
Our modelers will love you.

haha thanks :doff good to hear, from what i have seen the modelers have made some amazing ships recently. I used to play buld 13 a few years ago and its amazing how many improvements have happened since then. (from the screens anyway, haven't got around to reinstalling potc yet let alone the latest mod). Anyway I think i will start a thread in the modeling forum soon to suggest some more ships to model and put their plans on the FTP.

It's not the easiest thing to get the modelers to do what you want, though. lol They typically work on models they want to work on. I'm learning how to model, so I can take request from people when I get good enough.
keith.gif

One thing's for sure though: blueprints do help with convincing the modelers. :cheeky

Very nice. It looks like Captain Armstrong (aka The Plan Man) will be a good addition to our cozy little Pirates Ahoy! community.
me.gif

And high time too. Finding plans is always such a pain.
modding.gif

I dont think ill be requesting any ships as much as suggesting them haha ( I have a few that could tie in to Hornblower etc.) I do have a few which I think could look so cool in game though. :b: but I have far to many plans to suggest more than just a few. I will make a thread with descriptions/ suggestions for the ships, and upload them to my FTP

**Update**
Made the new thread, and there are a TON more plans on my FTP folder, mostly from Napoleonic times or a bit before, among them lots of frigates of all sizes, anyway its all outlined & explained in the new thread below :keith

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17630-many-new-ship-planssuggestions/

Back