• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Blueprints

Legendary_Spider

Why is the rum always gone?
2D Artist
Provisional
Storm Modder
So where's a good place to find ship plans for modeling? I've been googling like crazy and haven't found anything too helpful.
dunno.gif

There have been a lot posted on the forum; I think this is where they ended up: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/coas/Takeda-One/Ships:%20Books%20and%20Pics/

Am I gonna need that Maya program I keep reading about? I think that's about the only Modding thing I didn't download. Must've missed it.
dunno.gif

You need Maya to export properly working model files. You can use other programs, but the models end up a bit bugged. They work, but look weird in certain conditions.

Legendary Spider,

If you have a specific ship or type of ship in mind, I might be able to help you. I can upload scans of the plans for most ships of the early US navy, many individual british frigates/ entire frigate classes, captured french frigates from 1793-1815,

some smaller ships (brigs,schooners etc) and some ships of the line from 1793-1815. I definately do not have time to put all of the above plans up here though lol, but a few should be no problem.

yes to all :dance

Ill have to put them up tommorow though, because my scanner is too loud to use in the middle of the night.
I can tell you about the ships and plans though.
The USS united states was a sister ship to the uss constitution, so their lines should have been roughly the same. The only major difference between the two was that the Unite states had a poop deck built on her by her first captain when she was being built. The master plan ( only one of the United states i have) drawn for the class shows this poop deck in a dotted line. so, you could create a model of the united states by adding a poop deck to the Constitution one currently in game. I will still post the plan though.
armorment(1812); 32x long 24s, 24x 42pdr carronnades= 56 guns (the other ships in her class carried 32 pdr carronnades at the time, and the weight of the 42pdrs and poop deck made the united states a slow sailer at the time)
The USS congress was a sistership to the more famous USS constellation, and once again, I Only have the master plan for the class. here is a sailplan of her I found that gives a good idea of her general appearance etc. also it could be useful for making an in-game rig :keith USSCongress.png
armourment; 28x18 pdrs, 20x 32 pdr carronades=48 guns
The origanal plans for the Constitution (united states) and constellation (congress) classes are pretty ornate, and they look alot different from the constitution now or the ingame one.
The USS pennsylvania: beast of a ship kind of plain compaired to the victory or santisima trinidad (or whatever it was called) still pretty ornate though. she only has two sets of quarter galleries (on the middle 2 decks) and the headrails (fancy bits on the front, actually supported toilets) making the ship loking even bigger, at least to me. the stern is still ornate though anf there is a balcony and lots of carvings in the taffrail ( the flat peice with the windows etc)
dimensions: 210 ft 'bp' (on gundeck? :shrug ),depth in hold; 24ft 3in, moulded beam(without planking) 56 ft 9 in, 3104 &66/95 tons,
armerment; actually never fully armd and partially with shell guns, but if she had been it would be 32 32pdrs on lowest deck, 34 32 pdrs on next deck up, 36 32 pdrs on top gundeck, and 34 carronnades or maybe 24pdrs on the spar deck=136 guns in total

Thanks mate.
me.gif

I plan to use the Congress and the United States along side the Constitution for my U.S. storyline. And I just wanna see the Pennsylvania make it into the game, because there aren't a whole lot of American SotL's. And she was beautiful.
keith.gif

excellent! glad to help.

if your looking for american SotLs theres a plan of an 82 gun ship ( rated 74 ) that was almost built in 1799 that i think looks pretty cool.. ill post that tmrw too, but ill warn you ill probably have to post the plans in halves, because they must be scanned that way. should be pretty easy to fix for anyone with photoshop or something that can make photo panoramas.. i dont have one off those though. but it is just a matter of matching the lines together.

Cool stuff Captain Armstrong, welcome aboard mate! :dance

I am no graphics artists, but I do know a bit about photo editing and stitching things together, I would be more than happy to help if needed, just let me know! I am really looking forward to seeing those plans as well!

excellent! glad to help.

if your looking for american SotLs theres a plan of an 82 gun ship ( rated 74 ) that was almost built in 1799 that i think looks pretty cool.. ill post that tmrw too, but ill warn you ill probably have to post the plans in halves, because they must be scanned that way. should be pretty easy to fix for anyone with photoshop or something that can make photo panoramas.. i dont have one off those though. but it is just a matter of matching the lines together.

Don't worry, I'm a photographer and am well versed in Photoshop.
keith.gif

Welcome aboard mate.
me.gif
It's always good to see a new face around here.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
so I am having trouble uploading the plans, an error message comes up and says the files are too big to upload (first one is 354.46K) :facepalm

If your trying to attach them to a post mate, there may be a limit on the amount you can upload until you reach a certain number of posts, I forget right off what the limits are. You can upload them to our FTP server though, you can find the login details HERE!! Just log in, create a folder with your name on it, and transfer the files you want there.

Thanks Thagarr!
right so to get to the plans: got to ftp commander->find 'Captain Armstrong' folder->download the plans. Note: the plans are in halves, but are grouped together and labelled(first 2 are of an 80 gun american SotL of 1799, second set of 2 are of the Uss congress, third set of 2 are of the Uss United States, and the last 2 are of the Uss pennsylvania)

I also just added another folder 'misc ship plans' which has some other things i had on my computer that might be interesting
--3.jpg- someone else's uss president 3d drawing, great reference for looks of the ship
--cyane.jpg- plan of a small british frigate captured by uss constitution in the war of 1812
--wvolage.. files- plan of a 18 gun 1798 french privateer
--floyd24 002- plan of a proposed american 24 gun sloop of war in 1825... to carry long 24 pdrs! the ship would have been huge for its class, bigger than the hms surprise! :will

I logged in but couldn't find your files mate, I got to looking around the FTP thread, it seems the link for FTP Commander is dead. not sure what's up with that. :shrug

Ah well, that program is ancient anyway, I use Filezilla as my FTP program. It's completely free, and you can download it from there home page HERE!

Just make sure you're using the correct FTP login details: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/10288-piratesahoy-ftp/

I downlanded ftp commander from the downloads section after I found out the link was broken, and seemed to have some very recent stuff in itwhen i added the plans, like from a few days ago recent, but now no folders show up at all under potc files. :shrug Anyway I am downloading filezilla right now (thnx for the link Thagarr) so hopefully I can get them up soon
-update-
Got Filezilla up and uploading the plans now :keith
now the directory name is Capt Armstrong plans, everything else should be the same though.

Back