• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

blue bird - after capturing it-

woopypooky

Master Mariner
After capturing it, i go talk to the store owner who gave me the quest, and he refused to pay me cos i didnt sink it. What to do next?
now, the logbook said i need to find where the merchants trade so that i can plunder them. I go talk to store owner, tavern owner, drunkards, shipyard owner also money lender but couldn't find anything.

When I first did this quest I kept the bluebird too and after the store owner wouldnt pay me I asked the bar owner or a guy in the street { I just forget now } about any new's or somthing like and he told me about some ship going to marigo full of stuff.

<a href="http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?s=&showtopic=13513&view=findpost&p=327545" target="_blank">http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?s=...st&p=327545</a>

An addition to BlueBird quest:

If you have decided to keep the ship, the shop owner won't give you the money. After that you'll have to go around the churches and ask the people "what new" and etc. If you're lucky, they will tell you about a merchant ship near the port. You have to sink it or board it - it doesn't matter. You can do that as many times as you wish. After you get bored, go to the shop owner and ask him about your money. At the end of your conversation you'll have 200 000 more and the quest is finished

Ok thanks to the dubug panel (F22 gives you Ascold quest info including where he mummy ashes traders are and where the next trade fluyt will be. After a lot of testing it turns out you can only run these ships down with the bluebird which makes sense really! But thought it may be worth mentioning for those having similar trouble. My advice for easily progressing the quest if you're unlucky enough to be stuck looking for these vessels is to use the debug menu anyway. Yes it's cheating but in a game that's as riddled and bugged as CoAS you need to cheat sometimes!

Anyway I went to the city that was listed as having the fluyt and all you need to do is talk to a civilian in the town (outside not in buildings though possibly anyone will do!) and the 'what's new on dryland' topic or any derivation of it will provide you with the name of a local trader's ship that is just on it's way out of port. Make your way straight back to the port, board your vessel and 'sail to' whichever ship was named.

The next bit is easy! Board or sink, it doesn't seem to matter as he journal always says it was sunk.

The problem I'm having now is that following freaker's advice I returned to the store where the quest was issued. I've taken down maybe four trader's vessels before I came here and found what to do next. Unfortunately my conversation with the shopkeeper doesn't go the way I was told it should. No offer of money at all, he jus cowers behind the bar and sets the guards on me but no guards enter and the logbook doesn't update. It's not unil I leave the shop tha I get he battle music playing and all the guards swarm around me. Trouble is, they don't attack me... I have a bug in port royale that has manifested itself in the 'port defence', 'bounty hunters' and now this 'bluebird' quest' which prevents me from engaging in any combat and also stops anyone else from doing the same. Hence the skeletons, bounty hunters and soldiers all just stand around and look at me.

So what now?!

When I first did this quest I kept the bluebird too and after the store owner wouldnt pay me I asked the bar owner or a guy in the street { I just forget now } about any new's or somthing like and he told me about some ship going to marigo full of stuff.

When i did this quest i left the ship with a storeowner and used another ship to head to the town where i recieved the bluebird quest from and i got both the money for the quest and the bluebird. Try doing that and see if it works for you. :onya

I've seen lots of people say that works but its WAY too late for me having done 'kill the beggars' 'ciy of abandonned ships' 'the beautiful isabella' 'flying dutchman' and probably much more since I pitched up to the port royale shopkeeper in the bluebird and he told me the deal was off. I don't understand what's been the difference between me raiding the merchant vessels and freakers doing it hough as he says he go 200k and a completed quest when he went back...

When i did this quest i left the ship with a storeowner and used another ship to head to the town where i recieved the bluebird quest from and i got both the money for the quest and the bluebird. Try doing that and see if it works for you. :onya
:yes :yes
I've done so many times, and always works.
You can also park the Blue Bird in the same city, and go to the merchant with another ship.

Please guys listen to what I'm saying! I know you can beat the quest by leaving the bluebird somewhere else but it's way too late for that for me. I just need to understand why it's not completing for me after sinking a few of the merchant ships which is the OTHER way to end this quest. It's already been confirmed by someone else so I really need their help, don't get why mine won't complete :s

Sorry i've alway's left the bluebird with the port controller and then used another ship to end the quest.

Are you using any mods?

If so which ones?

Are you using any mods?

Nope, just playing a vanilla game but I do have the debug constantly on now after being so infuriated with the game that I deemed it impossible to play without
the ability to switch god mode on/off easily. In fact I've left it on permanently now and you know what it makes the game a lot more fun when you don't have to reload it a million times! Has anyone ever successfully defended a port against skeletons legitimately???

I know the debug has a tool that gives you the next line of the quest in your log (or I think that's what it does) so could probably use that to complete the quest but the way I see it that's really cheating! I'm playing with God mode because if it weren't for the ability to do so this game would be in the bin but I've never got money, items, ships, reputation, relations or anything else via the debug. It is handy for the item hunts though lol

Anyway I mailed freaker yesterday as he seems to know how to do this but he's been inactive for about a year so fingers crossed :(

Sorry but you say its more fun to play with god mode on which takes away the challange of the game, the idea of the game and there for the fun. I know it can be frustrating when you build your character up only to be killed when boarding but if you save often you can alway's reload and try again. If when selecting your character you leave the playing skill on sailor you will find the game very easy. Example using that skill level, i was able to enter a battle where there was Frigate's, War Galleon's and capture and leave the battle with a ship of 44 guns mounted when all i used to capture her was a Sleep.

Yes you would need combined mods for the ships i talk about, CMV3.1.5 (this mod also fixes many many game breaking bugs). However you do not need to install any mods to injoy the game, to reload the guns in a split second, fire at ships and destroy them with a single broadsidethat is unrealistic and boring. In the age of sail it was all down to the skill of the captain and his or her crew that could change the tide of the battle etc.Its up to you how you play the game but i think the way you are playing it is taking away not just the fun but the playability factor which keeps us coming back for more.

Please guys listen to what I'm saying! I know you can beat the quest by leaving the bluebird somewhere else but it's way too late for that for me. I just need to understand why it's not completing for me after sinking a few of the merchant ships which is the OTHER way to end this quest. It's already been confirmed by someone else so I really need their help, don't get why mine won't complete :s

I think there is a minimum number of merchant ships you have to sink to get the storekeeper to give up and pay you the money - I think I sunk 4 merchant ships and he still kept calling the guards & I kept on getting the log entry about sinking more ships - so I gave up on it :shrug

Suggest you try sinking some more merchants and see what happens .

In the Common_store.c file there is this code

Code:
if (pchar.questTemp.BlueBird == "returnMoney" && pchar.questTemp.BlueBird.traiderId == npchar.id && sti(pchar.questTemp.BlueBird.count) > 0)
{
if (sti(pchar.questTemp.BlueBird.count) < 5)
{
link.l1 = DLG_TEXT_BASE[365];
link.l1.go = "RBlueBird_retMoney_1";
}
else
{
link.l1 = DLG_TEXT_BASE[366];
link.l1.go = "RBlueBird_retMoney_3";

Which might mean that the minimum number of merchant ships you have to sink is 5. :shrug

Back