• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Beyond New Horizons Alpha Release

"reload7" and "reload8" are also missing, which will respectively break "A Family Story" (FreePlay quest specifically for José Joaquím Almeida) and "Devlin Opera".

Unzip this and put it into "RESOURCE\MODELS\Locations\Town_Santiago\center". As far as I can tell, locator files are the same in Build 15 as in Build 14, so this should add the missing locators.

The tailor's shop is included in the Build 15 version of "PROGRAM\Locations\init\cuba.c", and changes to land locator files take effect next time you walk into the area. So if you have a savegame from before you tried to kidnap Edmundo, you should be able to continue from there.
Thanks! I've added the updated model on Github.

"reload7" and "reload8" are also missing, which will respectively break "A Family Story" (FreePlay quest specifically for José Joaquím Almeida) and "Devlin Opera".

Unzip this and put it into "RESOURCE\MODELS\Locations\Town_Santiago\center". As far as I can tell, locator files are the same in Build 15 as in Build 14, so this should add the missing locators.

The tailor's shop is included in the Build 15 version of "PROGRAM\Locations\init\cuba.c", and changes to land locator files take effect next time you walk into the area. So if you have a savegame from before you tried to kidnap Edmundo, you should be able to continue from there.
Thanks @Grey Roger,
I tried replacing the Resource/MODEL/locations/Town_Santiago/centre and ... /Inside/mh7 folders in Build 15 with those in Build 14 for the town and for the change room as both were broken. This change worked and did not seem to affect anything else in the Build 15 game - I haven't tried other storylines using this area so cannot say for sure. So for some reason, the original files have been corrupted or changed in the Build 15 file folders.

Thanks! I've added the updated model on Github.
Thanks @Hammie,
You will need the mh7 models as well - I am not sure which file was the problem - I copied the entire /mh7 folder over to Build 15 to get the change room scene to work.
I have played through the Ardent storyline with all the side-quests I came across as a Male and up to the Empress start as a Female - I have also tried the different routes to get to the end except for changing the start conditions to Pirate instead of Romance. These were the only hard breaks that stop progress of the games that I came across. Will continue testing next weekend.

The missing file is "RESOURCE\MODELS\Locations\inside\mh7\mh7_l_GR.gm". Here it is.

@Hammie: does Build 15 generate "compile.log", "system.log" and "error.log" the way that Build 14 does? If the game crashes like that in Build 14, there should be a line in "system.log" showing which file is missing.

Attachments

• mh7_l_GR.zip
    749 bytes · Views: 41
The missing file is "RESOURCE\MODELS\Locations\inside\mh7\mh7_l_GR.gm". Here it is.

@Hammie: does Build 15 generate "compile.log", "system.log" and "error.log" the way that Build 14 does? If the game crashes like that in Build 14, there should be a line in "system.log" showing which file is missing.
I have just completed porting of the latest Build 14 patch, the missing file might now also get included that way, will check.

Logging is the same except it now stores the logs under '<My Documents>/Sea Dogs/Logs'

I have just completed porting of the latest Build 14 patch, the missing file might now also get included that way, will check.

Logging is the same except it now stores the logs under '<My Documents>/Sea Dogs/Logs'
That's good to know thanks @Hammie, I would never have looked for the logs on my C:/ drive as I install the program on a back-up drive. On my PC they are in C:/Documents/My Games/Seadogs/logs. The game is on my F:/ drive.

I have attached the savegame just prior to meeting Armand in the "Help the Lady " sidequest - you may be able to find out what is happening with the jump from the Nevis Tavern to the port at night taking you somewhere not the port.

Attachments

• Nevis. Pirate Settlement port.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
I wish to report a bug. When saving the game, you can double click on the "New save" picture, which causes the game to ask you if you want to load it. If you press yes, the game crashes.

LET'S GOOOOO!!!! :dance:pflag
Screenshot 2023-10-13 173836.jpg

I wish to report a bug. When saving the game, you can double click on the "New save" picture, which causes the game to ask you if you want to load it. If you press yes, the game crashes.
What version of the game are you playing? I've tried to reproduce it but double-clicking the slot does nothing for me.

What version of the game are you playing? I've tried to reproduce it but double-clicking the slot does nothing for me.
I double checked it and the bug is still present in version 16.

However, the bug is not present on the brown interface. It is only present on the blue interface.

You must turn on the blue interface in order to get this bug.

I actually trigger this bug quite often by accident, so I really do hope it gets fixed.

Hope this is not off-topic, but why has the original town music been removed from the game? Is it possible for those tracks to return to the game?

Specifically these tracks:

Has there been copyright issues preventing their use in the game?

Hope this is not off-topic, but why has the original town music been removed from the game? Is it possible for those tracks to return to the game?

Specifically these tracks:

Has there been copyright issues preventing their use in the game?

I'm pretty sure they are still in the game, music has also not been changed since Build 14.

They are definitely still in the game files.

Somewhere in the "Options" menu should be a setting for which music to use. One of the settings should be for the stock sound track. That should restore the original music - all of it, not just town music, so you will no longer hear any of the newer tracks for battles, storms etc. either.

I have version 10 installed. If I download the newest patch via itch.io do I have to reinstall the game or is there a way to just update to the newest version?

Wonderful work.

I have version 10 installed. If I download the newest patch via itch.io do I have to reinstall the game or is there a way to just update to the newest version?

Wonderful work.
You have to re-download the game, either manually or using the itch.io launcher

I suggest using the itch.io app/launcher as it auto-updates the game.

EDIT: Also, I just want to say that playing the game through itch.io has been fantastic for me! :dance Thank you all so much for this. :bow It has been running very smoothly for me so far.

And alas, no more need for the original game version. Anyone can just finally try it without having to spend lots of time acquiring the original game. :type1:bow

EDIT2: I have been playing the game for three hours straight now even with my own edits and no hiccups at all so far. I tried the freeplay, now I'm doing the main storyline. I will surely give an update if I notice any significant bugs and weirdness. :D

Last edited:
Moin moin!

Could anybody please enlighten me as to if and where I can see what problems/ bugs are already known, so I don't steal anyone's time? I assume there is a list somewhere since Hammie's announcements of recently exterminated bugs contains #numbers.

And since we're at it, is the absence of a French governor acting on behalf of the French (not of the Pirates) in Freeplay, in the first period (1500 - ) by accident or by design? It seems impossible to achieve a letter of marque from the French.

Thank you in advance. :ahoy

Could anybody please enlighten me as to if and where I can see what problems/ bugs are already known, so I don't steal anyone's time? I assume there is a list somewhere since Hammie's announcements of recently exterminated bugs contains #numbers.
We use the issue tracker on Github: Issues · PiratesAhoy/new-horizons

And since we're at it, is the absence of a French governor acting on behalf of the French (not of the Pirates) in Freeplay, in the first period (1500 - ) by accident or by design? It seems impossible to achieve a letter of marque from the French.
Not sure about this one myself

Back