• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Beyond New Horizons Alpha Release

Thanks,
I want to test the Hoist The Colours storyline - I have already gone right through 1, 2 and 4 in the list and Ardent in Alpha 17.
Storylines that have not been fully tested are now disabled by default.

If you want to help test them, you can enable them in `modules\extra_storylines\module.toml`
@Pieter Boelen
I have run through the Shaypen scenario and received the ship with only major issue being the that if you capture a ship, the screen does not return to the ship sailing but is broken. You can work around if you are near a port of beach but you have to fast travel to the port and exit to the port. when you come back on board the game plays normally.

Also, Turpin Cabanal is not in the port house on Martinique so that the Blaque family side quest and contraband quests cannot be done.

I have run through the Shaypen scenario and received the ship with only major issue being the that if you capture a ship, the screen does not return to the ship sailing but is broken.
That seems to be a confirmed bug with the new Beta.
@Hammie is on the case. Hopefully he'll have a patch soon.

Also, Turpin Cabanal is not in the port house on Martinique so that the Blaque family side quest and contraband quests cannot be done.
@Grey Roger, do you have any clue what might be up there...?

There is a part of the main story in which you are supposed to go to Martinique to look for Barbossa. You sink a pirate ship near the island and go to the port, where Turpin should talk to you about the ship. After talking, Turpin should walk towards the shipyard. But he does not reappear in the shipyard until you have been to talk to Barbossa.

@salonikasurf: have you sunk (or captured) the pirate ship? Did Turpin Cabanel talk to you when you arrived in port? And have you been to see Barbossa on the beach?

There is a part of the main story in which you are supposed to go to Martinique to look for Barbossa. You sink a pirate ship near the island and go to the port, where Turpin should talk to you about the ship. After talking, Turpin should walk towards the shipyard. But he does not reappear in the shipyard until you have been to talk to Barbossa.

@salonikasurf: have you sunk (or captured) the pirate ship? Did Turpin Cabanel talk to you when you arrived in port? And have you been to see Barbossa on the beach?
I had sunk the Volcano, yes, and spoken to Turpin on the dock, but had left the port and returned later and he was not on the beach or in the port house. I had not spoken to Barbossa at that time - Went back to a save and re-ran it - Turpin does reappear as per your post in both cases - going by land and sea to talk to Barbossa and returning to talk to Turpin. Thanks for you help.

Hey, thank you very much for doing this project, i had the original game, but the CD was scratched and i couldn't see the full game, well, now you have given me another opportunity to continue discovering this version of the Caribbean again. Congratulations to the entire team and collaborators for your work!!!. :bow:drunk

Hi,

I m playing the main story and for some reason any shipyard i go to has no ships to sell, is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Hello trel96, i just tried the main story, "Nathaniel Hawk" (i always play in free mode), i have gone to the shipyard and there are ships to buy, but since the character level is low the game itself warns you, (cannot buy, tier too low). Those ships appear transparent, maybe that's what's happening to you and that may be the problem??

Also, some shipyards are too small to have anything for sale, particularly the pirate shipyards at Nevis Pirate Settlement and Turks Island.

You're in the thread about the Alpha release. Are you in fact playing the Alpha version? If so, expect lots of bugs. You should be able to find the newest version here:
Beyond New Horizons by Hammie

Back