• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Apothecary Quest

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
I talked to the apothecary in Bridgetown who sent to the church, to donate 1000 in gold to restore his relations. The priest didn't seem to know anything about it the only dialogue I got was the standard about me donating money.

If I recall the code correctly, you are meant to use that normal dialog option.

Yup, nothing special indeed.
This is mostly done so you might see something else which can happen if you donate :).

Nice to see someone trying out the quest. Be warned tough that it's not finished yet.

Playing 1/24 version

Stated this quest gave money to the church, killed the native trying to get to Steven, encountered the smuggler found out if I get ten bows I would get a reward. Got ten bows and was told to take them to the Arawack village on Aruba. Now my quest book lists three quests Apothecary. protect the church, and the collector is this right?

Are these all part to the apothecary quest or something different?

When I gave the church a cross they "gave me an object" designed by an Italian and sent my to find an "exorcist" somewhere in Bridgetown. I have no object form the church in my inventory and where is the exorcist?

So I have found the Indians watching the ship, they won't talk with me how do I get their bows? After I get ten bows and give them to the collector for a paltry 200 in gold the collector quest ends right? So far I have noting further in the apothecary quest. Am as far as we have gotten?

So I have found the Indians watching the ship, they won't talk with me how do I get their bows? After I get ten bows and give them to the collector for a paltry 200 in gold the collector quest ends right? So far I have noting further in the apothecary quest. Am as far as we have gotten?
Only @Levis can answer that question for certain. Everything I know can be found in the SPOILER section here:
Mod Release - Levis' Stuff [Jan 30] | PiratesAhoy!

Jason,
I have played through to meeting the Indian vagabond in Cartagena. I think this is as far Levis has taken it to date. No-one to talk to in the Hotel at this point.
Hope this helps. Great job so far Levis.

Jason,
I have played through to meeting the Indian vagabond in Cartagena. I think this is as far Levis has taken it to date. No-one to talk to in the Hotel at this point.
Hope this helps. Great job so far Levis.
Thanks, and indeed the hotel part isn't done yet. It will be next week.

You could always try to kill them.
Although they should talk to you unless you killed to many already.
If the collector gave you the money that part is done yes.

Just curious, did anyone found Thomas o Reilly during this quest already?
Its hard to find him tough, you need to use the back exit in the warehouse and then listen long enough and go to another beach on the island at night.

You could always try to kill them.
Although they should talk to you unless you killed to many already.
If the collector gave you the money that part is done yes.

Hi Levis, in my game they don't talk or fight they just sit and appear to have no dialogue. If you kill them you lose rep points for attack people without drawn weapons. I got my ten bows by landing at night on Barbados and going into the Jungle.

Levis, I did listen in the warehouse but the Indians found me a bit early and I had to kill them - did find the treasure though.:woot

Hi Pieter, I have been away from the game for a while and have not tested the latest update.zip file.
I have played it through in the previous version (18th Feb) to the hotel and yes this could be included. You cannot progress past this point but you can return to Oxbay and continue with other quests.
You are left a bit up in the air though with not knowing that the quest is not complete.

Hope this helps

By the way I did play right through to capturing the Black Pearl and had no serious issues - didn't have that problem in the Temple with the transporters etc.
The game is reasonably stable - hope to try the latest update this weekend.

I have played it through in the previous version (18th Feb) to the hotel and yes this could be included. You cannot progress past this point but you can return to Oxbay and continue with other quests.
You are left a bit up in the air though with not knowing that the quest is not complete.
Bit of a shame that there is no sort of "ending" to it at all, but thanks for the feedback.
Maybe at some point we can rush some sort of finish to it, but that won't be done prior to the Beta 4 release now unless @Levis decides to do it after all.

What is the reason for playing that quest again? Some of those special "indian items" as reward, right?

the way I did play right through to capturing the Black Pearl and had no serious issues - didn't have that problem in the Temple with the transporters etc.
Good news! Thanks for confirming. :woot

The game is reasonably stable - hope to try the latest update this weekend.
Will be much appreciated for sure. :bow
I'm especially interested in knowing if the gameplay/difficulty/balancing is at least somewhat playable or if stuff seems waaay wrong.

@Talisman, @Jason, @salonikasurf, @Hylie Pistof, @ANSEL, @Levis or @anyone else who knows:
How well does this sidequest work? Does it have an "ending" of sorts?
I am wondering if it is finished enough to be enabled in Beta 4.

I have not played this side quest, yet

If it does not have an ending - but you want to include it in Beta 4 public release - then best thing to do is to put a note in the last Quest book entry or dialog saying that this is the end of the quest for now., and it is to be continued sometime.

:read

That would be best, yes.
Requires someone to put that note in there though.
I've already got too much still to look into as it is. :(

Back