• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Apothecary Quest

Had a quick look and if it is totally linear the last relevant case in quests_side is "Meet Natives in Hotel": which writes questbook entry plants 40 which is text.t40=*You've reached the end of the quest for now. It's almost done!* so I think @Levis has it covered. Haven't tried to get there through gameplay though (I have been in the hotel I seem to remember when looking at missed locators in Cartagena).

Ah not so good - that case may not be called anywhere (it's in a dialogue file under development but it doesn't look like the character is set up to deliver it), so a slight tweak to the previous case to temporarily change it to call that last case. I think the previous case SHOULD be called so a call from there should put the message in place. So an amended quests_side.c.

Attachments

• quests_side.7z
    49 KB · Views: 179
Could you post a link to this post in the "fixes" thread?
I don't want to risk accidentally forgetting it, but copying links using my phone is more difficult than really it should be.... :facepalm

I have noticed a couple of things about this quest which I have now played as far as the hotel in Cartagena.

1. While on Cartagena with my ship on Barbados I ran of food and rum. That doesn't seem like it should happen.

I bought the directions to the hotel from the Native and when I got to the next location the quest book and log said I killed him and I took a reputation hit.

I have noticed a couple of things about this quest which I have now played as far as the hotel in Cartagena.

1. While on Cartagena with my ship on Barbados I ran of food and rum. That doesn't seem like it should happen.

I bought the directions to the hotel from the Native and when I got to the next location the quest book and log said I killed him and I took a reputation hit.

:ahoy @Jason given @Levis absence and the w.i.p. flaws you noted have you any saved games (and for what date of version) that could help me work through the problems, which will obviously still be there in the newly published version - I've never tried it so have none myself to help with testing/band aid application.

There is a code case "Succes with Beggar" in the relevant dialogue file to call a case in quests_side.c to give you XP if you manage to extract the information without violence so it is a question of tracking why that isn't being called instead of the one with negative impact you got. :shrug

Not sure what method (if any) is intended to keep your crew fed and watered (well supplied with rum) :rumgonewhilst you are away so will have to look into that one. EDIT OK - checked the ship is stored and returned on return to Barbados but no prevention of consumption so if I turn FOOD_ON to off for the duration I think that will fix the running out of supplies whilst away from the ship, but needs placing and testing with a saved game ENDEDIT

Incidentally did the questbook entry to say that's as far as it goes get triggered OK ?

Last edited:
checked the ship is stored and returned on return to Barbados but no prevention of consumption so if I turn FOOD_ON to off for the duration I think that will fix the running out of supplies whilst away from the ship, but needs placing and testing with a saved game
You are truly WITHOUT ship during that part of the quest, right?
How can there be any food and rum consumption then? Isn't your total squadron crew "zero" then? :shock

You are truly WITHOUT ship during that part of the quest, right?
How can there be any food and rum consumption then? Isn't your total squadron crew "zero" then? :shock

I don't know it's not my code, I am just following the report that there is whilst waiting for a saved game to check. The code used is StoreCharacterShip(pchar); which does remove the ship attributes from you but maybe the companion ships are still checked somehow? Quote "That doesn't seem like it should happen." well too true then.

Companion ships I could indeed imagine.

Does @Jason have companions at that point? If so, I think there isn't much to be done about that.

Have a look here under the spoiler tag:
Mod Release - Levis' Stuff [Jan 30] | PiratesAhoy!

Which reminds me.... @Talisman, would you care to put something about this on the Wiki?

:yes

I am about to download the Public Beta 4. :bounce

I'll play through the quest and make a page for it on the Wiki ( may end up just using @Levis walkthrough with a bit of rewriting - depending on how it goes )

I will also tidy up the Wiki a bit -- possibly marking the Wiki pages that are explicitly for Beta 3-4 as Obsolete -- but this might take me a week or two.

:drunk

Back