• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Anyone still play this?

:rofl and somebody over in the other pirates forum

wants to upgrade a Windows7 computer to have a video card

suitable for this game :rofl

I still play it every now and then. :yes Haven't since I got the new computer, though, so who knows if it even works on here.

I still play now and then as well. Especially when I feel like dancing with cartoons. You know the coolest thing about that game in my opinion is how the ships open and close their gunports between vollies. Wouldn't it be cool if we could do that.

MK

I have it there played it for a while but theres just not enough variation in the play for my liking, I much prefered the really old version to the this version, the fighting in it is what i like least.

It looks great but with whats possible in games now it doesn't really compete with other pirate games for me, Alot of people prefer the style of play in it to POTC or COAS but I would rather have a hard fight than watch what basically amounts to a movie of a fight.

It's a good game all the same worth a play through but as someone else has said too repetative to play for any great lenght of time.

Theres is a few of Sid's games that where awesome games on the amiga for example but with todays technology so much more is possible than whats been produced here.

It's more a game for the collection than one to play alot. but to each their own alot of people see this as one of the best pirate games out there, I suppose its just down to personal tastes.

Saw it at Target the other day for $10.00 it took a lot of will power to just walk away.

Was it the original box or the cheapo one? The original has a fold out front cover and a 100+ page paper manual, while the cheapo one is a run-of-the-mill flimsy box sans manual.

I can report Pirates! runs great on Win 7, but it hates Aero. xD:

I would guess it was the cheapo - sans manual. It was not much bigger than a standard jewel case.

Back