• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

3d sailing keybinds changed

I first saw Hylie Pistoff having a discussion like this with Pieter a few weeks back(not sure which thread it was now), and at the time i just thought Hylie was having an issue as he used to do the build 13+build 14 install(one ontop the other). Then last week(or a bit before) while i was deep into modding the files on my setup and going from one patch to the other i had this same kind of issue. I do actually think i probably just re-installed everything, as i'd done the delete Options file+New game thing and still had the control mix up........so this can be an issue, and although i'm not very clear on the fix, i DID resolve it somehow as i don't have that problem now......

the reason I don't want to reinstall is because i just did that a week ago.
And it still messed up in the middle of a game.

and I don't wanna reinstall again and have it happen again.

Yeah, and me not being 100% sure if that was what i did to sort the problem out doesn't help much! sorry about that. You still got the problem in your game, or is behaving itself?

it's still messed up.
I'm playing my copy of patch 6 instead.
In which I only crash during smuggling and
sometimes get 1 frame per second when I load a new location.
Which doesn't end well when the location is a seabattle.

Well.let us see if we can come to an understanding. It has been quite a while since I had the messed up controls. It only happens when I install a new patch or major mod. Once it "catches" the correct control layout it stays good until the next big upgrade.

I vaguely remember having a discussion with Pieter about this a while back, but someone else had the problem and we were discussing it.

Lom3n, you are having a lot of problems. And they are recurring problems that a reinstall won't fix.

So, where are you installing POTC? Outside of program files I trust. Overall, the most common causes for problems is people messing up during the install.

It is possible that you got a bad download. I have had a few. In fact I have dl'ed, installed, run into problems, deleted everything, dled , installed, etc. at least 6 times. When I got a good installer I saved it and use that one for all of my installs now.

Then there are hardware problems. I had a weak PSU that caused endless problems with POTC for 5 months. When it was replaced it was a whole new game. There are other things like defragging that can make a difference.

I hope you can find a clue in this rambling mess that will help you.

Recommended to install the stock game and then put the whole folder as backup on an external HD or so.
That'll speed up reinstalls quite a lot in the future.

Back