• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

3d sailing keybinds changed

L0M3N

Sailor
my keys are all messed up in 3d sailing mode.
i reset controls to default in options menu
and that didn't do anything.
I'm playing patch 5 btw.

Edit: now my keys are messed up on land...
for example R does 10x or 30x speed.
I couldn't even find the key that made time normal again.
Please help.

That is a known bug that nobody has found the reason for yet. It happens to most of us sooner or later.

The fix is a pain but it works. In your POTC folder delete the "options" folder and then start up POTC. A new options folder will be created with everything reset to default. Adjust that one to your desired settings and that should get you going again.

Making a copy of it for use the next time this happens doesn't work for me.

The options folder is created as soon as you start POTC unless there is one there already. Your POTC folder should look something like this one.

oh do you mean the 11kb file under engine.ini?
I was looking at the yellow folders at the top.

Also WOW
I went to sea and hit TAB which brings up the sail to menu now
and when i hit left or right arrows to go through the menu...
the camera switched between ships around the island.
Like I was looking at my ship and then all of a sudden I'm
spectating a 40 gun 5th rate with white paint.
And then a brig. I cycled through all the ships around the island.
Is it possible to do that normally?

Yes it is. Someone recently posted around here somewhere about how to do it. I already forgot how.

i deleted options and the controls are still messed up.
I loaded my game and reinitialized and saved and loaded.
Still messed up controls...
This is annoying because I had to stop playing my patch 6 lite char
because of a bug.
and now I can't play my patch 5 char.

Also WOW
I went to sea and hit TAB which brings up the sail to menu now
and when i hit left or right arrows to go through the menu...
the camera switched between ships around the island.
Like I was looking at my ship and then all of a sudden I'm
spectating a 40 gun 5th rate with white paint.
And then a brig. I cycled through all the ships around the island.
Is it possible to do that normally?

Is it possible to do that normally? :yes

In 3rd person sailing ( not deck view)
Normally when at sea you can cycle through the ships around the island by using ctrl & left or right cursor ( arrow ) keys.

If a ship has been sunk it will stop the cycle - so go in the other direction by using the other cursor key.

:cheers

The only time i've had this happen to me was when i had gone from patch 6 to patch 7 wip and not deleted the old 'options' folder OR started a new game(i tried to carry on with a save game from the previous patch). F11 did not solve this, i had to start over.

well I deleted options again and my controls were back to normal....
then i saved, and quit the game.
When I loaded the save my controls are messed up again.
This is ridiculous.

I would just start a new game but who's to say
my controls won't just mess up again in the middle of
that one?

I can't remember a time when the controls went out in the middle of a game. It always seems to happen to me right at the start. The land controls were ok but the ship controls were messed up. I always saved at the dock just before sailing away so I discovered the problem as soon as I tried to sail away. And it often took more than one try. Once it worked it never came back in that game. So all I can say is keep redoing the options. :shrug

I was definitely in the middle of a game. And my land controls are messed up too.
I guess I'll try deleting options a few more times before I give up.

sigh....
I deleted options and started a new game.
controls were fine.
I played for some hours.
I have over a million gold.
I have a light frigate and a light flush frigate.
I quit game.

I open game.
I load game.
Controls screwed again!
I give up.

well I deleted options again and my controls were back to normal....
then i saved, and quit the game.
When I loaded the save my controls are messed up again.
This is ridiculous.

I would just start a new game but who's to say
my controls won't just mess up again in the middle of
that one?

If you read a few posts up i gave you the answer = You NEED to start a new game or you WILL have messed up controls. i.e you won't be able to carry on with your save from the previous configuration. Often this is the case. It can happen from patch to patch, depending on what has been cahnged in the code. But when making big changes to the way the game works you are best starting over. It's a limit of the game engine and just what happens when code is changed.

Welcome to playing a Beta Build ;)

Starting over didn't solve this.
My new game is screwed as well.
Did you even read the post right above yours?

xD: oops

So you did start a new game + have deleted that options file. hmmm weird one. Ok try this did you make sure all your old saves were gone, like in manually delete them from inside the game folder(Pirates of the Caribbean\Save\.......whatever storyline you were on). I had to do this at one point between going from one patch to another. I had some saves under a different profile from the old game and i 'think' that somehow was having an influence on my new game. Still i've only had this problem once, and i did have to jump through some hoops to get it ok again. If i remember in more detail what i did i'll post here, but i think i've covered it all.

Nah I made a point to delete the old profile with the glitched controls.
The only save files in the folder are my new character.

Then that is really terrible matey.........so we've done this:

1. Deleted 'options' file in the main directory - check
2. Deleted all old save profiles - check
3. Started a complete new game - check

You know something just came to me, i remember looking for the rename.bat file again, and not finding it(it's a run once file that deletes itself on execution). I 'think' i worked out a way to get that to reappear........not sure if that was the stage i did a complete re-install or if i simply re-installed my last patch again, and that enabled me to re-run that file, then with the other steps already in place i had no issues with the controls after. I know Hylie Pistoff has had this kind of problem before, so it can be an issue with all the patch updates etc currently :(

Try re-installing the patch first, and if that doesn't either give you the remane.bat file OR suddenly fix your controls issue, then it might be my fix at the time ended up being a complete re-install!!

Back