• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved 2 Questions

makaveli1971

Sailor Apprentice
I'm playing GOF 1.2 and I have 2 questions!
1. How to remove a ship from the game? (because of battleship crash)
2. Where should I look to change the power of sails? (I mean to not fall so easy)
Thanks!

Go to Program/ships_init, find the ship Battleship and add this line below the line refShip.AbordageLocation = "Boarding Deck_02";

refShip.CanEncounter = false;

Then go to Program/scripts/shipsutilites. Find all entries for Battleship and either delete them or write in a different ship in its place. If you delete the line make certain that you change the number sequences in all previous and subsequent lines. Make certain that you do not add or delete any extra spaces. I recommend writing in an alternate ship over deletion of the line.

I actually believe one of our new textures is the culprit for crashing in this case and have gone back to the old stock COAS textures for this ship.

I'm not sure what you mean by sail power. Are you talking about mast HP (hitpoints)?

MK

Go to Program/ships_init, find the ship Battleship and add this line below the line refShip.AbordageLocation = "Boarding Deck_02";

refShip.CanEncounter = false;

Then go to Program/scripts/shipsutilites. Find all entries for Battleship and either delete them or write in a different ship in its place. If you delete the line make certain that you change the number sequences in all previous and subsequent lines. Make certain that you do not add or delete any extra spaces. I recommend writing in an alternate ship over deletion of the line.

I actually believe one of our new textures is the culprit for crashing in this case and have gone back to the old stock COAS textures for this ship.

I'm not sure what you mean by sail power. Are you talking about mast HP (hitpoints)?

MK

Thank you mate!
Yes I mean mast HP.

Sorry MAK,

Had to ask Luke159 to remind me where this was cause I'm making some slight changes as well.

So go to Program/SEA_AI/AIShip.C

find this segment of code and edit appropriately. WARNING: This is some finicky code that likes to cause crashes, so save a copy of AIShip in a spare folder before you start. MK

switch (iDamageType)
{
case SHIP_MAST_TOUCH_ISLAND:
fDamage = fDamage + 0.25;
break;
case SHIP_MAST_TOUCH_SHIP:
//aref rCollideCharacter = GetEventData();
fDamage = fDamage + 0.2;
break;
case SHIP_MAST_TOUCH_BALL:
int iBallType = sti(AIBalls.CurrentBallType); //ñïîðíî, òê ýòî íå ÿäðà, òîãî êòî ñòðåëÿë, à ñêîðåå ÿäðà ÃÃ
switch (iBallType)
{
case GOOD_BALLS:
fDamage = fDamage + 0.1;
break;
case GOOD_GRAPES:
fDamage = fDamage + 0.05;
break;
case GOOD_KNIPPELS:
break;
case GOOD_BOMBS:
fDamage = fDamage + 0.15;
break;
}
break;

Sorry MAK,

Had to ask Luke159 to remind me where this was cause I'm making some slight changes as well.

So go to Program/SEA_AI/AIShip.C

find this segment of code and edit appropriately. WARNING: This is some finicky code that likes to cause crashes, so save a copy of AIShip in a spare folder before you start. MK

switch (iDamageType)
{
break;
fDamage = fDamage + 0.2;
break;
int iBallType = sti(AIBalls.CurrentBallType); //ñïîðíî, òê ýòî íå ÿäðà, òîãî êòî ñòðåëÿë, à ñêîðåå ÿäðà ÃÃ
switch (iBallType)
{
case GOOD_BALLS:
fDamage = fDamage + 0.1;
break;
case GOOD_GRAPES:
break;
case GOOD_KNIPPELS:
break;
case GOOD_BOMBS:
break;
}
break;

Thank you very much MK! :cheers
Sorry if I was too impatient!

OK one last question about this and I will stop asking!
In this file I can edit the damage of different type balls!
Is there a way to edit mast hp for a specific type of ship? (QueenAnnesRevenge)
Because I think some ships (like ManOWar) have a lot stronger masts than other!
I always play on "impossible" level and with weak masts I was demasted too easily!

MAK,

Not that I know of, and we looked everywhere. At least by editing the amounts of damage cumulatively to all ships masts, you can effect how they react to damage across the board - to include making them so strong that they won't ever fall at all if you wanted.

MK

Well there is but how much influence it does make is not really known. I believe it did make some difference as i used it in the fine tuning for RTBL.

Go to "RESOURCE\INI" and in "cannons.Ini"

you will see the following, well you can't miss it because this is all thats there.

Code:
; SEADOGS2 CANNONS CONFIGURATION
[CANNON16]
RANGE  = 400
RELOAD_TIME    = 30
[CANNON24]
RANGE  = 300
RELOAD_TIME = 40
[BALLS_HULL_DAMAGE]
CANNONBALL = 0.5
BOMB  = 0.3
KNIPPEL  = 0.2
GRAPE  = 0.1
[BALLS_CREW_DAMAGE]
CANNONBALL = 0.1
BOMB  = 0.1
KNIPPEL  = 0.1
GRAPE  = 0.2
[BALLS_SAIL_DAMAGE]
CANNONBALL = 0.1
BOMB  = 0.1
KNIPPEL  = 0.2
GRAPE  = 0.1
[BALLS_SPEED]
CANNONBALL = 40.0
BOMB  = 20.0
KNIPPEL  = 30.0
GRAPE  = 15.0
[BALLS_RANGE]
CANNONBALL = 1.0
BOMB  = 0.6
KNIPPEL  = 0.8
GRAPE  = 0.6

If you are looking for more damage to be done then reverting back to the stock value's will do that (or should do).

Code:
[CANNON16]
RANGE  = 400
RELOAD_TIME     = 30
[CANNON24]
RANGE  = 300
RELOAD_TIME = 40
[BALLS_HULL_DAMAGE]
CANNONBALL = 2
BOMB  = 3
KNIPPEL  = 1
GRAPE  = 1
[BALLS_CREW_DAMAGE]
CANNONBALL = 1
BOMB  = 2
KNIPPEL  = 1
GRAPE  = 3
[BALLS_SAIL_DAMAGE]
CANNONBALL = 1
BOMB  = 1
KNIPPEL  = 2
GRAPE  = 1
[BALLS_SPEED]
CANNONBALL = 40.0
BOMB  = 20.0
KNIPPEL  = 30.0
GRAPE  = 15.0
[BALLS_RANGE]
CANNONBALL = 1.0
BOMB  = 0.6
KNIPPEL  = 0.8
GRAPE  = 0.6

Ok thank you both for answers,but I don't understand exactly what you mean with "editing the amounts of damage cumulatively to all ships masts".
Where to do that?
Can't see it in "AIShip.C" :facepalm

Ok take the code posted by MK.

Code:
switch (iDamageType)
{
break;
fDamage = fDamage + 0.2;
break;
switch (iBallType)
{
case GOOD_BALLS:
fDamage = fDamage + 0.1;
break;
case GOOD_GRAPES:
break;
case GOOD_KNIPPELS:
break;
case GOOD_BOMBS:
break;
}
break;

Now changing this to reduce the damage so masts do not fall so easily.

Code:
switch (iDamageType)
{
break;
fDamage = fDamage + 0.2;
break;
switch (iBallType)
{
case GOOD_BALLS:
fDamage = fDamage + 0.1;
break;
case GOOD_GRAPES:
break;
case GOOD_KNIPPELS:
fDamage = fDamage + 0.1; ;(reduced so chain shot has less effect on ships masts)
break;
case GOOD_BOMBS:
fDamage = fDamage + 0.01; ;(reduced to lower damage inflicted by bombs)
break;
}
break;

Now for the code i posted.

Code:
[CANNON16]
RANGE  = 400
RELOAD_TIME    = 30
[CANNON24]
RANGE  = 300
RELOAD_TIME = 40
[BALLS_HULL_DAMAGE]
CANNONBALL = 0.5
BOMB  = 0.3
KNIPPEL  = 0.2
GRAPE  = 0.1
[BALLS_CREW_DAMAGE]
CANNONBALL = 0.1
BOMB  = 0.1
KNIPPEL  = 0.1
GRAPE  = 0.2
[BALLS_SAIL_DAMAGE]
CANNONBALL = 0.1
BOMB  = 0.1
KNIPPEL  = 0.2
GRAPE  = 0.1
[BALLS_SPEED]
CANNONBALL = 40.0
BOMB  = 20.0
KNIPPEL  = 30.0
GRAPE  = 15.0
[BALLS_RANGE]
CANNONBALL = 1.0
BOMB  = 0.6
KNIPPEL  = 0.8
GRAPE  = 0.6

Now reduce the level of damage the shot types will do.

Code:
[CANNON16]
RANGE  = 400
RELOAD_TIME    = 30
[CANNON24]
RANGE  = 300
RELOAD_TIME = 40
[BALLS_HULL_DAMAGE]
CANNONBALL = 0.5
BOMB  = 0.3
KNIPPEL  = 0.2
GRAPE  = 0.1
[BALLS_CREW_DAMAGE]
CANNONBALL = 0.1
BOMB  = 0.1
KNIPPEL  = 0.1
GRAPE  = 0.2
[BALLS_SAIL_DAMAGE]
CANNONBALL = 0.01 (reduced to lower sail damage which increases the time it takes to destroy a ships mast)
BOMB  = 0.01 ;(done for same reasons as cannonballs)
KNIPPEL  = 0.02; (done for same reasons as cannonballs)
GRAPE  = 0.01 ;(done for same reasons as cannonballs)
[BALLS_SPEED]
CANNONBALL = 40.0
BOMB  = 20.0
KNIPPEL  = 30.0
GRAPE  = 15.0
[BALLS_RANGE]
CANNONBALL = 1.0
BOMB  = 0.6
KNIPPEL  = 0.8
GRAPE  = 0.6

Now with the above vlaues changed your ships masts will take longer to fall (or should), however this also means that all enemy ships your fight will also have stronger masts. You can't increase your ships masts health you can only reduce the amount of damage things inflict upon them. Most likley the masts are hard coded, the more damage your sails take the quicker a mast will fall. But having your sails rigged doesn't mean you will not loose a mast as you will see in GOF where lucky shots can cause a mast to be destroyed. This also happens in vanilla, but the difference is you loose masts a lot quicker in vanilla wether they are rigged or not.

As stated though the code posted by MK has caused issues in the past so make sure you back any files you plan on editing, and don't reduce the damage effects the shot types will have by to much or it will take forever to do any damage to ship sails. As a rule a sail that is 75% damaged will cause a mast to fall more easily, but it doesn't mean that all sails need to be 75% damaged before a mast will fall. Reducing the damage done to the ships hull is something i never tested but i do believe the game takes the ships masts as part of the hull aswell which is why when been hit by bombs they damage ails so much more quickly than round shot.

Oh and to locate the code MK posted in AIships.C, open the file and press F3 to open a search box, now put in the following code "case SHIP_MAST_TOUCH_ISLAND:" and press enter.

Back