• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

1 FPS

Jonty

Ϯ ρiгaτϵ ϻaᴤτϵѓміпם Ϯ
I have been running PoTC: NH B14 P6 at 97-100% frames. At least up to now. Now, for some reason, the frame rate has plumeted to 1FPS (or at least VERY low) whilst simply sailing from Concepcion, past Curacio (or whatever the spellling is) and to Hispaniola. I mean, just instantly. From full frames down to <5. No ifs or buts about it. If I have been running the game at near enough 100% speed, it can't be hardware related problems, so what could it possible be? I have been running ENB with no problems as well, so surely it can't be that also? I'm confused :? :eek:k

Oh, and this is only happening when I am trying to sail my ship. If I go on deck, it is back to the usual 97-100% frames. And it may also interest you that this is NOT happening on any other profile with sailing to and from islands with Iron Man mode. I am currently playing the Bartolomeu o Portuguese story.

Is it happening while close to Curacao, or is it also while you are well out to sea? If there is a big battle going on at an island that can cause things to not work so well for you even if they are on the other side of the island.

Also, it might be another program kicking in, like an antivirus running a scan. Do you know about IoBit GameBooster? It works like Enditall2 but better to shut down other programs that might interfere with your game.

Also it might simply be an issue of a modern PC/hardware/OS having issues with older games, there were a few links in the thread Sulan started below that might help or point in the right direction?

Or it could be something covered in the FAQ, as that covers lots of performance issue things.

Well, it stopped this terrible lag when I returned to the game the day after, so I don't know what it was, but yeah. Could have been some scan or whatever which I did not know about. I have that program that supposedly speeds things up a bit. Might test it on my GTA: San Andreas now. I noticed some noticable lag with the game on my recent settings, so I'll see if it actually make any differences.

Back