• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Technochiltin (Spelling?) Bug Fix

Dezeal

Landlubber
This was taken from a different forum but I figured I should put it here so that everyone can fix this bug...

A temporary fix for those with problems on the Tenochtitlan quest (getting a guy with empty dialog):

Please note this is not official in any way, and I can take no responsibility if this solution messes up your save game, or otherwise hurts the game. Do this at your own risk, and please backup your save.

First of all, make sure Age of Pirates is closed (don't do this while the game is running)

Backup the files in the following folders so you can revert back to them if necessary:
(Age of Pirates Base Directory)\Program\DIALOGS\russian\Quest\Tenochtitlan
(Age of Pirates Base Directory)\Program\Text\Dialogs\Quest\Tenochtitlan

There should be 3 files in each of those directories, for 6 files in total.

Edit all 6 of those files in a text editor (such as WordPad).
You'll need to replace all instances of the word "DLG_TEXT" with "DLG_TEXT_TE" (WITHOUT quotes) in all 6 files.

To do that in WordPad for instance:
1. Open one of the files.
2. Click Edit, then click Replace.
3. In the "Find what:" box, type in DLG_TEXT
4. In the "Replace With:" box, type in DLG_TEXT_TE
5. Click the "Replace All" button.
6. Save.
7. Repeat on the remaining 5 files.

Now try to talk to the man who had a blank dialog box again.

I have met a frightened adventurer on the shore of mosquito bay and Montezuma. The dialogs of both were working, so this fix seems to be perfect. Do you think Playlogic/Seaward will release a patch? I don't think so.
Are all European versions broken or only the German one?

I only have an English version but I think MOST if not ALL other versions are broken... I doubt they will release a patch... We might have to mod this game ourselves

This game definetly needs some serious modding, but I can't mod (only minor editing, preferably with easy to use tools like the TESCS from Morrowind) and the guys from piratesahoy are busy with the fantastic Build 14 mod, although I now prefer AoP 2 due to the possibilities it already offers.
Would it be possible to provide this fix in a Winrar archive so everyone can download it from Piratesahoy?
I could send you the fixed English text files.

Its really not that hard if you ask me... Just open up wordpad with those files... But if you want I'll have a RAR file ready in a bit

I have attached the files with the fixes and some basic instructions... When asked to replace the files say Yes... I'm on the English version of the game so I'm not sure if it will work with other languages

Attachments

• AOP_CoAS_TE_Fix.rar
    11.1 KB · Views: 202
I have attached the files with the fixes and some basic instructions... When asked to replace the files say Yes... I'm on the English version of the game so I'm not sure if it will work with other languages

to download your fixer file I get 2 addition files from a soft ware co. Paretologic ! do I download their soft ware to load your fixer file and will it cost me ?

to download your fixer file I get 2 addition files from a soft ware co. Paretologic ! do I download their soft ware to load your fixer file and will it cost me ?

I suggest you download instead the COAS CM V2 for fixes and a lot of new features, the mod is constantly being worked on by it's modders.

Alternatively you can also d/l the JsCombinedCodeMod which has many additions to the game although it has not been updated in quite some time.

Both will fix the teno quest problem.

Back