• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Worked choppily at first, but just crashes now..

reydelcaribe

Landlubber
I just bought this game, as I was a fan of the original Gold (and still played it infrequently). When I loaded Pirates the first time around, the graphics started getting choppy and laggy, and progressively worse as time went on.

I turned all the video settings down to min., which helped a slight bit, but not much. At first my graphics drivers were v56.72 from nVidia (G4 Ti4600), but after updating my graphics drivers to first the 66.93's, and then to the Omega's, the game began crashing, usually accompanied by a brief blue screen (something about a device driver failure?), and then forces a reboot.

I tried the WDM_356 driverfix for my AC97 chip soundcard, but that didn't work. I even rolled back my drivers to the 56.72's, but still the crashes persist.

Can anyone help?

HP Intel P4 1.5gHz
512mb SDRAM
Windows XP, SP2
DirectX 9.0c (.0904)
nVidia GeForce4 Ti4600 (128mb)

Sorry to bump..

(Subject, but..)

No one has any suggestions / clues as to how to help me?

Also, I've noticed as I've been playing around with the various settings, trying to make Pirates! work, that crashes happen most frequently during ship battles, particularly when the two ships get to within about a ship's length of each other. I played this afternoon and sacked Trinidad, Cumana, Caracas, and Puerto Caballo, with all the land battles running alright (a few laggy `hang-ups` here 'n there, but they cleared up and allowed me to finish the battle). But, enter a single ship combat and close to boarding distance?

CRASH.

Can anyone help me?

Back