• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WoodesRogers Quest part 2

I posted something which @Jack Rackham took to be a spoiler, a guess based on something I'd seen in the update. Not wanting to argue, I edited my post to remove the possible spoiler.

I posted something which @Jack Rackham took to be a spoiler, a guess based on something I'd seen in the update. Not wanting to argue, I edited my post to remove the possible spoiler.
I know. I can actually see both versions of the post if I want to.
But even then... I'm honestly none the wiser. So nothing to worry about. :doff

If someone starts with part 1 before entering part 2 then everything will be reset again?
I mean skills, perks, health etc.

Starting from the last jump start of part 1 or the first of part 2 gives exactly the same status.
If you should play through the complete part 1 and the just continue into nr 2, then you will
probably have a little better values.

But it will not matter much as you'll soon see in the beginning of part 2.

If someone starts with part 1 before entering part 2 then everything will be reset again?
I mean skills, perks, health etc.
If you start from the begin and continue until the end, I assume the progression would seem relatively smooth.

Yes but it's also very playable if you jump start direct from part 2.
But in that case you get a better understanding/feel for part 2
if you at least (re)play from the last part of part 1.

I asked because as I was reading the walk through and noticed that there are some serious fights in part 2.

So its better if someone starts from the beginning of part 1 then, he/she can have more health as well as some skill & perks open and that may be helpful in part 2.

But later I realized that there are some sea voyages in part 2. So some one can do some merchant run or so to get some experiences to level up thus can get more health and skill points. So hero can have a better chances of survival. Only if, that kind of jobs are permitted/available in between the main story line.

Last edited:
Maybe I should play through part 1 and remember to check which status the player has got
when it's time for part 2. Or even better at the time for every jump start, be it in part1 or 2. :modding:modding:modding
I have tried to be very stringent about items, officers, information (questbook) in all the jump starts.

One of the worst fights is fixed with very special weapons given at the time though.

Only if, that kind of jobs are permitted/available in between the main story line.
Permitted but shouldn't be necessary if I've done my job right.

Part 2 has problem with blue interface.
Crashing when loading.

Also in part 1 unable to pass through 'Coastal brothers meeting area' in Save the governor daughter quest.
Pirates almost blocking the way up.
Tried several times then give up.
Jump start to part 1 last.

I always use the blue interface and have never met any problem that I think
is caused by it.

I played through the 'coastal brothers meeting area' only a few days ago. It's a little tight on the way up but
was possible to pass through. I'll test it again to see if I can clean the path a little.

Also: I have now started going through both part 1 & 2 to fix/improve things but also to prepare for all jump starts
to have the correct status for the player. (health, level etc etc)

Ok, I tested the 'Coastbrothers' again.

When you hear 'You get yours now mortal' don't draw your blade
but be quick about it and run to the stairs and up. I can't see that it's a quest stop or impossible.

Caroline and Blowhorn should have moved on by now so they are not blocking the way.

Part 2 finished. Great work @Jack Rackham

No major problem except that HP bug.
There is some minor graphical problem like fighting with mutineers on Careen Shore (character suddenly freeze), going to/coming back from nueva suecia inner town to church etc.

Definitely enjoyed it. Particularly Kristiania, Caesar part.
Nice to see some new installation and locations. Its refreshing.
Ending and Into the unknown part is little unclear for me.

I wonder what that could be...
electricity.jpg

Back