• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WoodesRogers Quest part 2

I wonder what that could be...
No idea what it's meant to be, but I've seen pictures of something like that before, and if the booth isn't properly nailed down then it's about to go straight through the altar at high velocity.

Never trust a rocket scientist who has no eyebrows. Or hair. Or much of anything else.

Never trust a rocket scientist who has no eyebrows. Or hair. Or much of anything else.
Important life lessons right there! :rofl

tumblr_nvo5xor8nR1tr15yio1_500.gifv

I have played / tested the Woods Rogers storyline right up till the Alchemy Page 12. I am actually seriously impressed with the amount of work @Jack Rackham has put into this. Couple of things I did though - I hired Rys as an office in part 1 even though he was not able to be an officer in the passenger list - but I could use him early on to captain captured ships. I also gave him a lot of stuff during the game which I could get back off him after the totally down and out stages. As always - save often with Windows 10.

Just finished the entire storyline without jump starts - impressive and surprising finale scene. Hats of to you Jack! :cheers

Last edited:
Good to hear you liked it @salonikasurf !:onya
It was a lot of work and took time. Part 2 = 5 years. The electricity scene concists of 12 effects in 4 phases.
And the "red house" is, as you might have guessed, my home.

Someone has changed the texture file lampK3.tga. That means the lamps in two locations look very bad. Here's a fix to reset what
I once wanted. Without spoiling anything else.

Attachments

• estate lamps 22-03-13.7z
    278.5 KB · Views: 60
Thanks, @Jack Rackham!

Would I be right in thinking that "lampK4.tga.tx" is a copy of the original "lampK3.tga.tx"? The new one appears to be another of the new textures from "Corsairs-Harbour.ru" and I'd be willing to bet that it fouls up other lamps as well. My suggestion would be to put your locations back to using "lampK3.tga.tx", rename "lampK4.tga.tx" back to "lampK3.tga.tx", and I'll put the original "lampK3.tga.tx" into the next update. Or possibly I'll make a new version which combines the best parts of both, then use GM Viewer to check that your locations look decent with that version.

Would I be right in thinking that "lampK4.tga.tx" is a copy of the original "lampK3.tga.tx"?
Yes.
I'm open to any alternative that leaves the lamps in the original black metal style. At least for "my" two locations.

Here's my alternative. It uses the wood texture from the new version, the metal texture from the original, and the original lamps brightened up. Apart from having a grid framework on the lamp glass, the original has some of the lamps coloured red which the new version does not.

Try changing your locations back to using "lampK3.tga.tx", then see how they look with this file. If that's no good either then I'll just put the original file into the next update.

Attachments

• lampK3.tga.tx.zip
    277.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I have tested now. In the two locations where I have used this lamp no wood is visible so the lamps looks the same with original or merged texture.
Use the merged one if you find it better somewhere else.

Is it possible to visit either of your locations at night? The main difference between the original texture and my new version is that the lamps should look a bit brighter at night.

The "Corsairs" version of the lamp texture certainly does affect some other places the same way it affected yours. Here's a lamp in Charlestown - original, Corsairs, mine:
lamp_original.jpg lamp_corsairs.jpg lamp_new.jpg

And at night:
lamp_original_night.jpg lamp_corsairs_night.jpg lamp_new_night.jpg

Is it possible to visit either of your locations at night?
Yes.

SetCurrentTime(02.00, 0);
DoQuestReloadToLocation("BB_Eden_estate", "reload", "reload6" ,"_");

I have reworked two parts of WoodesRogers (1). The very first swamp island and the roofs in QC. They both now have proper
walk patches. (Not just jumping from spot to spot).

Also noticed that QC town didn't have any smoke from chimneys so that is fixed.

Attachments

• WR reworked 6625.7z
    521.8 KB · Views: 37
I have reworked two parts of WoodesRogers (1). The very first swamp island and the roofs in QC. They both now have proper
walk patches. (Not just jumping from spot to spot).

Also noticed that QC town didn't have any smoke from chimneys so that is fixed.
Got it - thanks! :onya

Though I'd copied the contents of that zip file into my update folder, I hadn't got round to copying it into my game installation until now, and that's when I spotted a problem. "WR reworked 6625.7z" contains folder "RESOURCE\MODELS\Locations\Town_QC" with the new files. Should they go into "RESOURCE\MODELS\Locations\Town_QC\Town" instead?

Thought so. When I put the new files into the "Town" folder, some of the chimneys in Pirate Settlement started smoking. :onya

But not all of them - some of the smaller houses with thatched roofs have chimneys which are still smokeless. Is that intentional for "Woodes Rogers"?

That would be the effect of a 30 % chance of smoke in PROGRAM/Locations/particles.c.
Go there again and other chimneys would be smoking.

Back