• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Windows Vista Woes

carmenara

Pandora's Kitten
Storm Modder
I'd love to post here during down periods at work but unfortunately some kind soul bought me a PC with Vista (the only one in the office running that OS, the rest are XP).

So I can log in here but every time I try to post I am told "my security code is invalid".

Solutions?

That's what I suspected, I can't be the only Vista user here.

For the record I've tried using various browsers; same result.

Just guessing here SWS, but it sounds like it might be an IT problem, your work may be blocking sites that aren't specifically allowed by your IT department. If you could post a screen shot of exactly what your seeing(Minus any company identification information of course) I might be able to help a bit more, these things are tough to track down sometimes without the offending computer in front of me!

I'll get a screenshot up tonight, and whist this issue is in my thought process, hack the router to see what's up inside it as well.

Ohhh hacking! My second favorite pastime! :cheeky

I hacked the router and found all security systems offline, and added PA.net to the list of trusted sites in Vista.

Still no go

I have an idea....could be wrong but have a little experience with this. If your security controls are down then I'd bet money the router you hacked is your local router. Based on where you are regardless of security, your main admin server may not be advertizing your IP publically, but offering it's own segment of generic public IPs for handshake. That being the case, the site may not like that IP and allow you to post even if you're logged in. Just a guess. Question for site admin. Does this site allow users to sign in and use site controls/permissions via proxy servers?

MK

I hacked the router and found all security systems offline, and added PA.net to the list of trusted sites in Vista.

Still no go

I think MK pretty much hit the nail on the head SWS. Not sure at the moment what to do about it though, lemme mull it over a bit.

Unfortunately the proxy does not work, as it didn't allow me to access any threads, much less post.

For that matter, neither does Opera Mobile on the smartphone. (Which also runs through proxy)

Update:

Proxy works perfect, though of course a bit slow. You just have to go to options on glype proxy and uncheck "remove objects". Disabing encryption etc does improve usability.

Glad you got it working SWS! :onya

Back