• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Windows 7 for alpha 9.5 patch 3

HellAngel_666

Privateer
Simple as that, running windows 7 64 bit on my mac and it doesn't show me any love right now. I may be installing it wrong but just wanted to confirm that it wasn't windows 7. Thanks

I vaguely recall that Peter Willemoes runs the game on Windows 7, but I'm not sure.
Drop him a PM if you want.

iam running Build in my Win7 too, working great. but you have to install correct drivers. these default mickeysoft drivers are not good.

I vaguely recall that Peter Willemoes runs the game on Windows 7, but I'm not sure.

It does work, just security is a bitch and sometimes it likes to play games with my brain. Thanks again though.

edit: haven't updated any drivers and it appears to be working fine.

That is good news, sometimes I am so so glad I am still using XP :cheeky

I've been using windows since as long as I can remember. Hated 2000 me and got turned off really bad by it. xp came out and thought things were decent vista busted me real bad to the point were I bought 2 macs. the second mac though has been running windows 7 since the beta came out and I've yet to have bootcamp switch over to mac again. I really do think windows 7 is worth the look. One issue from vista that pisses me off to no end though is File type. You can't change file type properties period. aka changing .fsaddjashfa to .txt.exe or .whateveryouwanthere and back to .fsaddjashfa does not work.... Something back from vista that now 7 doesn't let you change file type once it gets one it knows... that is my only issue with it though. p.s. don't want to pay for those programs.

You CAN'T change extentions? I use Vista and I'm pretty sure you can.
You do have to enable showing the extention in the options though,
but that was required in pretty much all Windows versions. :shrug

Where do you do it in windows vista? Maybe it's the same. Note I've looked this up online a bit and so far they all say you need to either pay for a program to let you do it or go and spend some time digging in reg edit (something that takes a while for a very SIMPLE task)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All you want to do is see and change a file's extention, right?
The option for seeing the extention is right there where it was in previous Windows versions.

I have a Dutch Windows, so I'll try to translate the names.
In Windows Explorer, press Extra > Folder Options > View.
Remove the tick in front of "Hide extentions for known file type", then confirm with OK.
You should now get to see file's extentions and be able to change them by renaming the files.

Note: The names above might be incorrect, since they're translated from Dutch.
Hopefully it'll help you find the correct names anyway.

And all this time I wasn't looking for hide I was looking for reveal. I swear I looked there for about 3 hours total so far at random periods in my life and NEVER saw that. Thank you. I really feel like an idiot looking back 5 years ago when I use to mod potc.

p.s. Is that slave mod still hanging around? sometimes I would like to take those extra crew members....

Nope; no slave mod at the moment, I'm afraid. We could put it in, probably.
I know I've seen the interface pictures for it somewhere.
But somebody'd have to code it in; WITH a toggle, of course. :cheeky

We do have two plantations now, one on Guadeloupe and one on Eleuthera.
The Eleuthera one actually has some slaves walking around it,
who you can free at some point in the Jack Sparrow storyline.

Oh... and I'm glad you finally found the option. :doff

Nope; no slave mod at the moment, I'm afraid. We could put it in, probably.
I know I've seen the interface pictures for it somewhere.
But somebody'd have to code it in; WITH a toggle, of course. :cheeky

We do have two plantations now, one on Guadeloupe and one on Eleuthera.
The Eleuthera one actually has some slaves walking around it,
who you can free at some point in the Jack Sparrow storyline.

Oh... and I'm glad you finally found the option. :doff

Thanks again. Hidden is a powerful word, I remember having the slave mod on my old 250gb but nothing more then turn all sailors to slaves or none. What would be great is to go into the cargo hold and tell those officers their going to start working for a living. Maybe even help your own estate income by taking down a man of war and "hiring" some people? Sigh.

It does work, just security is a bitch and sometimes it likes to play games with my brain. Thanks again though.

edit: haven't updated any drivers and it appears to be working fine.

Pieter, you have a good memory ;)
Yes, I am currently running 9.5 patch 3 or 4 (dont remember) on Windows 7 32-bit. Dare I say smooth as vaseline? :rolleyes:

Peter! How nice to see you here again! :woot
You came right at the good moment; I was just planning to release a Build 14 Alpha 10 WIP file for testing.
I'm sure you'll like what's in there. ;)

Back