• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Will there be a new Ship Recognition Guide any time soon?

Ferdish

Powder Monkey
Hi there,

I have a question directly to the people from the build 14 development and programming staff. Has anyone considered to make a new, up-to-date Ship Recognition Guide (SRG)? The actual one is from January 2010, so it's more than 3 years old. A lot of work has been done since that time, and I must humbly admit, it was a hell of a great work (and still is) :onya. But the fact that some things were, in my humble opinion, just left to their own devices, including SRG...it bothers me. A whole bunch of new ships were implemented and some players even don't know that some of those ships exist, because they didn't meet them during gameplay.

I am not acusing you of being lazy or disregardful. I know that you guys didn't have it easy making this build at all, not to mention previous versions. And I also know that Snow White Sorrow, the actual staff member who did SRG, has left a couple of years ago. Seems that there was nobody who had taken her place and continued in her work at that time, but if I'm wrong correct me.

So long post short: Will there be a new SRG any time soon?

Unfortunately the person who made the original one has left a long time ago and it is unlikely we'll ever see her back.
We don't have the files anymore either, so it would have to be redone from scratch.

I'd definitely WANT to see an updated one, of course. And some proper documentation on the game features as well.
But I have no clue who might be up to the task of actually doing it. o_O

Back